Please read.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChloeAnn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Please read. Reply with quote

For the past year or so, I have had a family member that has been hooked on meth. and I found a really interesting poem about it. I would like to post it here, and if it offends anyone Im sorry. but I have to do it.

I destroy homes. I tear families apart. I take your children, and that's just the start. I'm more valued than diamonds, more precious than gold. The sorrow I bring is a sight to behold.

If you need me, remember, I'm easily found. I live all around you, in school and in town. I live with the rich. I live with the poor. I live just down the road, and maybe next door.

I was born in a lab, but, not in one like you think. These labs can fit under your kitchen sink Or in your child's closet, out in the woods. (If this scares you to death, it certainly should.)

have many names, but there's one you'll know best. I'm sure you've heard of me. My name's Crystal Meth. My power is awesome. Try me, you'll see. But if you do, you may never break free.

Just try me once, and I might let you go. But if you try me twice, I own your soul.

When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie. You'll do what you have to just to get by. The crimes you'll commit for my narcotic charms Will be worth the pleasures you'll feel in my arms.

You'll lie to your mother. You'll steal from your dad. When you see their tears, you must not feel sad. Just forget your morals, and how you were raised. I'll be your conscious. I'll teach you new ways.

I take kids from their parents. I take parents from kids. I turn people from God. I separate friends. I'll take everything from you; your good looks, and your pride. I'll be with you always, right there by your side.

You'll give up everything; your family, your home Your money, your friends. You'll be all alone. I'll take and I'll take, 'til you've no more to give. When I'm finished with you, you'll be lucky to live.

If you try me be warned: THIS IS NOT A GAME. If given the chance, I'll drive you insane. I'll ravage your body. I'll control your mind. I'll own you completely. Your soul will be mine.

The nightmares I'll give you when you're lying in bed And the voices you'll hear deep inside of your head. The sweats, and the shakes and the visions you'll see; These are for you. They're your gifts from me.

By then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart That you are now mine, and we shall not part. You'll regret that you met me. They always do. But, you came to me, not I, to you.

You knew what would happen. How many times were you told? But you doubted my power. You chose to be bold. You could have said 'no', and then walked away. If you could live that day over; now, what would you say?

My power is awesome, as I told you before. I can take your mother, and turn her into a whore. I'll be your master and you'll be my slave. I'll even go with you when you go to your grave.

Now that you've met me, what will you do? Will you try me, or not? It's all up to you. I've one more thing to say, so please listen well: Once you are mine, I'll take you to Hell.

There is also a site I found interesting. www.stopdrugs.com
It has a section about Crystal Meth. Please Visit it.

Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I consider myself extremely fortunate to have never found myself in any situation tempting me to use drugs, and have nothing but respect for those who must live with the negative effects thereof.

/hug
Lost soul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it's a very big shame, as I was saying earlier Chloe. I do feel sorry for you and your family.
Asurik

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to say i agree and this is a very hard topic for people to discuss but i under stand because i work with people that take all sorts of drugs i see all the results and it is a shame and it takes a lot from family's to help each other through these things but well done Chloe i other all my support to every one and hope the person can break free

Peace all
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: