Faction Sig
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Campusanis
Aggregator Communications Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Olink's sig, but I think it would be better, if we just have the TGS Logo in our personal one's. But firstly it should be bigger than in Bittype's sig ( Razz ) and further somehow it doesn't look good to me, mainly because of the bad resolution for instance in the head pic here on the forums. It looks blurry compared to the rest of that picture (which should be implemented to the logo in my opinion).

Campusanis
Khaos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well its a rule now
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was quick. Razz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very confused here, it's a tie so far Smile

I don't mind if we don't use it, just thought it was a nice idea since people liked it.
Singularity Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought.... But looking at these signatures, I think it would be look pretty good if EACH HvCft had it's own style of sig, almost like a badge if you will.

Eminition whirled around and jammed his gun barrel right into Agamemnomn’s head: “This is for Bittype.” With a destructive blast, a merciless bullet tore through The Cypherite’s skull and brain.
Read the singularity logs in Chronological order here >>> Singularity Mainframe
Khaos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea its a tie so nothing is decided yet
FigmentOYI

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I'm going to have to vote "No", too. As Bitty said, we work with the Machines, not we ARE Machines. I'm a little against being FORCED to do anthing.

That said... I think it's a really good idea if everyone puts stuff about TGS into their sig. Help on sigging? I have absolutely no idea how to do one.
Khaos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crew sigs instead is not that good idea either- why being forced into using a crew sig instead of a faction sig? if you have a crew sig that just shows what crew you are in - noone cares about what crew they want to join, it's the faction that matters
globin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make me one anyway please :p

Olink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. What's better with showing what crew you're in, instead of what faction you're representing?

What a faction sig is all about is to show the professionalism of the faction. By the exact same reason I made a faction outfit - the members of TGS were to wear it for others to see the professionalism of the faction.

Quote:
As Bitty said, we work with the Machines, not we ARE Machines. I'm a little against being FORCED to do anthing.

As a machinist you're in a machinist faction built by rules and principles - it's really up to d4sh what he sees right.

This isn't any different from being forced to wear the faction sig while recruiting for instance.
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem with the faction uniform because:

a) All the other factions have one - we don't have one just because we're Machinists and supposedly built on rules more than, say, Zionists;
b) In-game you're part of the faction, as dictated by how the game is programmed. I don't have any problems obeying faction policy within the game;
c) It makes us stand out in crouds if a bunch of us are together at, say, a party;
d) I happen to think the uniform looks cool.

However, I'm not prepared to sport a uniform signature because:

a) While I'm proud to be part of the faction and am obviously one of its representatives on the official forums, I am also a representative for myself. I'm my own character as well, not the faction's pawn;
b) I don't want someone else dictating the look of my signature. The one Olink designed - while I have already said is very well done - does not fit my character at all;
c) It doesn't collectively make us look any cooler, the way the in-game uniform does. A uniform signature does not serve the same purpose;
d) It isn't necessary. People know I'm from TGS because it's already mentioned in my current signature, and in front of my forum name.

I'm quite prepared to compromise by featuring the 'GS' symbol in my current sig somewhere, because I know how I can implement that and still retain the theme of my signature.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
a) While I'm proud to be part of the faction and am obviously one of its representatives on the official forums, I am also a representative for myself. I'm my own character as well, not the faction's pawn

On the MxO forum I'd say it's important to advertise for your faction to draw attention from players.

Quote:
b) I don't want someone else dictating the look of my signature. The one Olink designed - while I have already said is very well done - does not fit my character at all

It's not about fitting your character, it's about making the faction stick out (read my previous post)

Quote:
c) It doesn't collectively make us look any cooler, the way the in-game uniform does. A uniform signature does not serve the same purpose

Yes it does - people of TGS would be tons easier to spot on the forum than in game - if everyone use this sig on the mxo forum, it will make a huge impression on people since they see it around so much (I know this from old experience)
Take this for instance - would a company gain a better benefit by having people spread out representing the company, or by putting up advertisement billboards all over town?

Quote:
d) It isn't necessary. People know I'm from TGS because it's already mentioned in my current signature, and in front of my forum name

If you post something in a thread, 95% of all readers will ignore the content of a normal sig. By making them see a formal sig around alot, they will notice it easier and check the faction out.
An example would be the Furious Angels. They were once the largest faction in MxO, they got tons of members and other sorts of attention just by showing off their sigs on the forum.

Singularity Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point is that even in RL ALL navy vessles no matter what navy they belong to are a part of that NAVY.. Every ship also has it's own badge or masgot. Every member of that crew wears the ships badge or patch on thier uniform. Each ships crew is a tight nit community and the badge helps reinforce that. They are still a part of the whole NAVY, and they all wear the same uniform.

It has been suggested that there is no difference between being FORCED to use a crew sig or a faction sig... The differance is I am NOT forced to use the crew sig, indeed I was given the option to make my own. I REQUESTED that the sig be made to show that I am a part of that crew, a good crew becomes so close as to become almost a family.

My signature tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about ME. Granted as has been mentioned the TGS logo could be bigger, the faction name is in a promanant position on the signature and again it could be a little larger.

The point is I am PROUD to be a member of TGS, I am ALSO proud to serve abord the Singularity. I believe my current signature shows this. IF I am stationed on another HvCrft I will gladly switch my sig to represent that.

I firmly believe that if we all have the exact same signature it will do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what we are tring to do and will infact bring MORE people to the incorrect assumption that we are slaves of the machines and do thier bidding because we have no choice.
A sig designed for each crew would I believe not ONLY show that we do not follow the machines blindly, with the logo and faction name prominantly dislayed on the sig it will do exactly the same as this suggested 'uniform' sig but at the same time show that we are indeed HUMAN and NOT machines, it would show that we have loyalty not ONLY to the faction but to our individual crews as well, and it would do it in a way that only humans can truely comprehend.

I work for the machines because I believe it is the best option avaliable in order to protect the truce and humanity. I have neigther the inclanation nor the intention to follow blindly and without question. As a BluePill such actions landed me in hospital on too many occations, recovering from a beating from one boyfriend or another.. It will NOT happen again.
As Singularities Pilot my FIRST loyalty is to my Captain, my Ship, and her crew, since thier lives are quite litterally in my hands when I am at the helm.
It the matrix itself my LOYALTY is to TGS and I believe I have shown this on a number of occations, not least of which less than 3 days after joining.

Eminition whirled around and jammed his gun barrel right into Agamemnomn’s head: “This is for Bittype.” With a destructive blast, a merciless bullet tore through The Cypherite’s skull and brain.
Read the singularity logs in Chronological order here >>> Singularity Mainframe
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well put. However, I wouldn't even support the forced use of a crew signature. I simply do not want my out-of-game style decided for me.

I'm not sure where you got the 95% figure from, Olink - I think that's your opinion more than anything else. Wink My opinion is that more people would get annoyed at seeing the same signature all over the boards, and as a result would most certainly not check us out. I get annoyed even seeing that block stuck on the right of every Codemasons signature.

What I like to see in a signature is individuality. I enjoy seeing unique signatures, ones that reflect a particular person. These can be humorous or have something to do with that character's RP history - as long as it isn't standardised in some way. I'm willing to accept the 'GS' symbol in some form, as I don't consider that to be to much of an intrusion upon individuality, but anything more is out of the question.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a compromise would be nice if this poll ends on a draw, where there is a faction sig but it wouldn't be compulsary to use. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: