Whats the game like these days?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gazz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Whats the game like these days? Reply with quote

Hi, I used to be a member of TGS for about a month after the game went retail way back in May, but gave up as the missions were really boring and I was too low-level to enjoy playing with the guild (everyone was at least 5 levels above me!).

Basically, I want to know if the game has changed much in this time and if its really worth comming back again. I miss the game but I know that if I come back and it hasnt changed much, I'll only play for a week or two then disappear again.

The second reson I started to find the game boring was due to the way the missions worked, you just went from A to B to C , get experience + info , then repeat for infinity. If that is still the same I'll leave it a bit longer until Sony get their teeth in and see how they modift the game systems.
d4sh
Faction Leader,
Antares Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think we've met before, but you don't seem to have played the criticals (of which there's several new ones of course)..
we have our own events now, pandora's box is launched and more will follow.
and don't let the lowlvl thing bother you, i run with people over 20 lvls higher and just load patcher to help..
of course, we're a bunch of kickass dudes & dudettes who everyone wants to hang out with, party, get drunk, mission, etc.!

I can't imagine a month being enough to judge the game like that....

"d4sh is half robot, half Dutch and half ninja." - M0RGAN | "Dashy is hardcore, he danced in the flames." - Gookin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Gazz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my name in-game was DeepEdge. The game got boring for me for the above reasons. The missions got incredibly repetative, yes including the critical ones, at the time, all you had to do was go from building to building, the only thing that changed really was the area's that it was done in, as you increased levels.

With the consolidation of all the servers into 3 from 9 (was it 9? I cant remember) , is the server's handling the extra load well? I think it would be more interesting to play on servers that have more people on them (I played on Method - which at the time was very vacant of other players.).

The other thing that may have made get bored with it was that I played the beta for a few months before the actual game started proper at retail. The time I enjoyed the most was when I joined the TGS guild and I know you guys all are really good people, its the game that got boring due to the repetativeness.

There was no point going to the dungeons or fighting mobs of exiles on the streets or in constructs simply because the rewards were so down compared to running missions. Simply put, is the gameplay mechanics the same as before, where you'd have to run repetative missions over and over to get any good experience points? Is there other ways to increase levels?

I see that Radiofreezion isnt there anymore, or at least the site is down. What happened with that, they did a really good service and at one point was talking of opening 3 independant streams for different types of music. I really miss some aspects of the game...
RockyB
Lost soul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radio Free zion is now Awakened radio, you also have Exile Radio, Mahcines radio and Split infinity catering to the various factions now.

Missions are still the primary means of gaining xp/info, but that's going to be the same anywheree you go, you will get a grind. Personally I find if you intersperse tehm with contact missions, dungeon crawling and archive bashing it isn't too bad. As for pandora's box ... Once you're a high enough level, you'll love it. It's a treasuer hunt cum crit mission cum mass gank Smile
Campusanis
Aggregator Communications Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thing with levels. They are not so important in the faction these days IMO, I mean our leader is just lvl 25. *glances to d4sh* =P
And I remember the name "DeepEdge", maybe I've even seen you online sometimes. To be honest, it hasn't changed that much, but it is a lot more worth playing, than let's say two months ago. If I was you, I would wait, if the live events will return and how they will return. When they are back, I suppose you won't have much time to be bored. Wink
(Given that they won't take place at 4:00 GMT)

Campusanis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: