Reawakened

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:07 am    Post subject: Reawakened Reply with quote

Hi all!

Anyone else spotted this?

https://www.facebook.com/MxOReawakened

Phrack is setting up some sort of ARG or LARP based around the Matrix Online. The gist is that the Machines finally managed to lock all operatives out of the Matrix (MxO closing). Several years pass, during which the various orgs vie for resources in the Real and battle the Machines and crazed operatives with heavy withdrawal symptoms. Now, suddenly, people can jack in again.

Sounds interesting to me! I've pointed it out to d4sh and Gookin and they're interested. As soon as I post this message I'll also be sending out an e-mail to as many ex-operatives and Glitchers I can find, see if they're interested.

The Facebook page has a PDF with all the details that have been made available so far.

The tricky thing with any attempt to revive the MxO community is that people will have different ideas about how the story could have gone and how to explain the years of inactivity. But I like the direction Phrack has gone with this - even the fate of the Machinists is something I could see happening.

Have any of your carried on your RP in some way? I think some people have, possibly on the MxO emulator forums and places like that.
Faction Leader,
Antares Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking and waiting for anything remotely similar in terms of community and theme/feel, very excited about this!

"d4sh is half robot, half Dutch and half ninja." - M0RGAN | "Dashy is hardcore, he danced in the flames." - Gookin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Gookin
Aggregator First Mate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to getting stuck in! As fun as SW:TOR was, i've lost all interest atm and it doesnt even compare to the MxO community.

You always say just what everyone else is thinking don't you? - Pixelmad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bittype
Singularity Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh.. This looks good.. Might have some small issue playing Bittype live action She was female I most certainly am not lol.

Gotta agree with Gookin.. I have been away from SW:TOR for a while for personal reasons and even though I have installed the game on the new pc.. I log in potter about a bit and log out..

I have lost count of how many games I have played, how many communities I have joined since MxO shut down..

To paraphrase Sinead O'Connor "Nothing compares to MxO"

Eminition whirled around and jammed his gun barrel right into Agamemnomn’s head: “This is for Bittype.” With a destructive blast, a merciless bullet tore through The Cypherite’s skull and brain.
Read the singularity logs in Chronological order here >>> Singularity Mainframe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: