Hard Drive Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Tech Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lorellei
Ananova Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Hard Drive Issues Reply with quote

Hmm... this is very unlike me to ask for help.
Where to begin...

Right, i keep MxO, various other games etc on an External Hard Drive, however its been recently acting up (hence lack of being ingame).
This HD has a light on front that shows power, data transfer etc. However this light has been... blinking, aka it flicks on and off every second with a clicking noise that sounds like the HD isn't starting up plus it isn't being read or anything
You think its dead?
[edit]
forgot to mention that i plugged it back in on the 21st at around 11pm, and it still hasn't started up by the time this is posted

"To live is to dream and to die is to awaken"
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)o
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bittype
Singularity Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is anything like my external drive it gets power from the USB cable.. but also has an additional point for external power.. I was having the same problem.

The fix for me was plugging in the external power as well. It seems the USB cable can only provide so much power, I found that my drive was so full the USB alone could not provide enough power to allow the drive to work properly.

Eminition whirled around and jammed his gun barrel right into Agamemnomn’s head: “This is for Bittype.” With a destructive blast, a merciless bullet tore through The Cypherite’s skull and brain.
Read the singularity logs in Chronological order here >>> Singularity Mainframe
lorellei
Ananova Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine has to be plugged in via the power point, otherwise... nadda

"To live is to dream and to die is to awaken"
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)o
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bittype
Singularity Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case unless you already have I would go to their website (If they have one) and search FAQ in case someone has had similar issues.

Eminition whirled around and jammed his gun barrel right into Agamemnomn’s head: “This is for Bittype.” With a destructive blast, a merciless bullet tore through The Cypherite’s skull and brain.
Read the singularity logs in Chronological order here >>> Singularity Mainframe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Tech Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: