Requesting Hosting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Data Repository (Web Site)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Requesting Hosting Reply with quote

I'm now in a position to offer Glitchers their own hosting accounts. These are full, proper accounts with their own FTP and SSH access with which you may do whatever you want... within reason. Razz

I'm offering these for free, but without any kind of guarantee of service. Of course, the only times things will go wrong is if the host messes up (in which case I'm affected too) or I change hosts, in which case I'll do my best to help you move your account elsewhere. I'll do my best to help with any technical problems, but again, I can't promise anything.

If you'd like an account, send me a PM with the following details:
1. The contact e-mail address you'd like for the account (hosted elsewhere, eg GMail);
2. The amount of Web space you want (an upper limit, as it's not easy for me to change the quota down the road). We're potentially talking gigabytes here;
3. The address you'd like. This can either be your own domain name (which you'll have to purchase yourself and point to my host's nameservers), or a subdomain on one of my domains. The domains you may be hosted on are:
- glitchsociety.com
- greyfusion.net
- dg-industries.org
- tdgn.com

Before you request an account, I suggest you take a look at my host's terms of service. These will tell you what you can and can't use your account for, as well as resource limitations.

Terms of Service
Resource Usage Policies

If I notice your account breaching any of these rules, I will immediately suspend it before investigating further. I've gotta cover my arse, after all. Wink

I can't be bothered to list all the features the server has, so I'll tell you if you ask. Suffice to say it has the usual things: PHP4/5, MySQL, Ruby on Rails, as many e-mail accounts as you want, etc...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Data Repository (Web Site) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: