Sirez's edits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Graphics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sirez
Ananova Crewmember

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Sirez's edits Reply with quote

Alright, I need you guys' opinion on something.

This is a screenshot I tinkered around with in Photoshop

And this is the same screenshot unedited

Which one do you like better? And are there any critiques on what I can do to improve the first?
Gookin
Aggregator First Mate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too bad Sirez. I find that photoshop work is all a matter of personal gain, what you've got here is an excellent starting point. All I can suggest is that you perhaps try dodgin and burning techniques to enhance shadows and highlights. As for anything else, it is merely learning more about the program and understanding what effects can make for an uber-screenie.

You always say just what everyone else is thinking don't you? - Pixelmad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sirez
Ananova Crewmember

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some great advice there, Gookin. I should kick myself for neglecting such tools.

Before

And after

Not all that pleased with the shading on the shirt, but it's something to improve upon at least. I'm pleased with the halo effect and the highlights in general, though.
d4sh
Faction Leader,
Antares Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick learner, nice going on the dodge & burn. Smile

My personal most important thing is the setting of the image. Especially when incorporating text I want the whole thing to make sense, be balanced and focused on what matters in the image.

"d4sh is half robot, half Dutch and half ninja." - M0RGAN | "Dashy is hardcore, he danced in the flames." - Gookin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Neurosia
Antares Crewmember

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick learner indeed. Nice work. Smile Just work on the finesse; blurring and smudging particularly.

Also, I agree with Dash, the setting and atmosphere of the image is the most important thing. You don't have to do a collosal amount of editing work if you have a good eye for placement. Some of the most subtle edits create the most powerful effects in an image.
Ananova Crewmember

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the crits and compliments guys, I'll definitely keep at it, as I'm relatively new to the screenshot editing scene. I'll keep this thread updated with my work as it gets done.

Really appreciate the tips too, they're all very helpful to me. Very Happy

Two new ones:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Graphics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: