Request for risky assistance...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Tech Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M0RGAN
Antares Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Request for risky assistance... Reply with quote

I am posting this to ask that some of you, any of you, help me to verify a bug which otherwise may slip through the fingers of the devs.

I had completed the Critical Missions 6.1.1 through 6.1.4, and received the Cabolco Recordings 1-4. (They are code, so I uploaded them to my Code Archive.)

Later that day, I was in the Loading Area and decided to reorganize my code bits, as us Coders sometimes do. This involved selecting the "Code Fragments" tab from my Code Archive, then moving bits to page 1 of my Inventory, stacking them, then moving them back. I did this with the use of the "<---Move" and "Move--->" buttons.

When I got to the mission items, I did just as I had with the rest of the code. Only this time, instead of moving to the Code Archive, they disappeared. Gone. At the time, I figured they were just no longer visable on the "Code Fragments" tab, so I looked through the rest of my Code Archive and found nothing. So I checked everywhere I could think... the rest of my Inventory, even my emails. Nothing.

Now, before anyone asks... NO! I did NOT recycle the damn things! Of that I am certain. So, this seeming like a bug, I /bugged it. Fast forward to this Thrusday... a new critical mission should be rolling out. So I jack in to do it and there is no critical mission for me to select. I figure this might have something to do with my /bug, so this time, I /ccr a Ticket. After about an hour, a CSR contacts me in-game to discuss the issue. I go through the whole bit, and he asks me for dates, the names of the items, suggests I use the /bits command, suggests I recycled them, suggests I "re-search my hotbars and inventory"... and in the end, says there is nothing he can do for me. I understand his limited power, but I am terribly frustrated with this whole situation.

That's where you come in: I am asking for some volunteers to try to recreate this /bug. It is not something that I think is likely to often occur, and so is something that may not come to the attention of the devs. To help them, I'm asking you to risk the deletion of your mission awards. I totally understand if you don't want to take this risk, but if you are willing, please try the following:

1) Presuming you have completed any of the first 4 critical missions of Chapter 6 and received one of the mission awards "Cabolco Recording X" (X = 1, 2, 3, or 4) -- Enter the Loading Area.

2) With your inventory screen on page 1 (of 6), either use the "Move--->" button or drag&drop the mission award from the Code Archive to page 1 of your inventory.

3) On the Code Archive, select the "Code Fragments" tab.

4) Select the mission award item with your mouse so it is highlighted (with a green background).

5) Press the "<---Move" button that would normally move the code item from your inventory to the Code Archive.

6) Check at the bottom of your Code Archive "Code Fragments" screen to see if the mission award item is there, or if it has (like mine) simply vanished.

If there is no bug, or at least, not one you experience, the mission item will show up in the Code Archive and all is well. If it is not there, then please please PLEASE send a /bug report, and perhaps even a /ccr Ticket to explain to the CSRs what has just happened. Of course, I would also like to know the results, so feel free to post here to tell me (all of us) what happened.

Thank you very much to eveyone that is willing to help me with this. I have been assured by the CSR that if this error is the result of a "glitch" that reimbursement is in order... so if your code does disappear, it is likely that it will be returned. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you all.

-M-
WiredNight
Singularity Mainframe Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to recreate it when it happened Morgan. I couldn't get it to go. I even filled my holding area with code and tried it later, and still nothing. Sorry.
M0RGAN
Antares Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't appologize... I appreciate the effort. Thanks, WN.
Devaude
Antares First Mate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno if this helps, but it looks like some items disappear from time to time Confused

http://forums.station.sony.com/mxo/posts/list.m?topic_id=36300005558

'Like... Dude... What the hell...' - d4sh
M0RGAN
Antares Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dev... I completely understand the problem with "giving back" items in-game for SOE, and the potential abuse. I had just hopped that in this situation... the items being Critical Mission items, not "rare drops" or otherwise valuable items (and presumably verifiable via me having actually completed the missions), and that the "bug" seems to be preventing me from running any more Critical Missions (potentially making me want to quit my subscription), that they might be able to actually do something, give them back, or recognize a bug. It would seem I am to be disappointed... they have not, can not, and I honestly don't think they are even looking into this particular "bug" -- it's such a rare occurance that other pressing issues are surely taking top-priority among the overworked devs.

-M-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Tech Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: