PnP Role-Playing Team-Speak Group
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FigmentOYI

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: PnP Role-Playing Team-Speak Group Reply with quote

All

I've been thinking about this for a while and, now that busy season (4 months of pure hell for me) is over, I'm getting ready to start to implement it.

Part 1 (mostly to d4sh, I think Smile ):
Do we still have a TS server, or did Khaos steal that as well?
If we still have one, do you mind if we use it for this?

Part 2 (for everyone else):
If you're interested in playing, please post here. I can only take 3 (at most 4) players, so players will get ranked in terms of:
a) Reasonable command of English (it will be the primary game language, and TS is often bad enough that we can't afford horrible English on top of it),
b) Commitment (if a player regularly doesn't show, it disrupts the game fr everyone else... and wrecks my careful plans Very Happy ),
c) Sense of humour (anal-retentives and pole-ers need not apply. You will be laughed at and with and sarcasm will fly... somehow it just always works that way),
d) Experience (if you've done this before it's a bonus. This is not a huge priority though).

An automatic winner will be somebody with GM/DM experience (so there'll be somebody to replace me if I'm sick or really can't make it). If you don't know what this is, you don't have it Razz

I'm currently able to run games in the Star Wars and the Vampire: the Masquerade worlds. In addition, if there's another GM, I play Shadowrun and a few other things.

If you're interested, put a post here and try to cover points a) to d) above.

Cheers
FigmentOYI
Campusanis
Aggregator Communications Engineer

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, that's a no for a), b), c) and d). Wink
RockyB
Lost soul

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be interested in this, depending on time commitment Razz
FigmentOYI

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since things seem to be a little uncertain, here's some guidance:

a) Reasonable command of English = If I tell you you see a gazebo... you do NOT SAY YOU ATTACK IT (standard RP story, for those who know it).
Reasonable accent = Normally understandable, or prepared to speak slowly Smile Liverpudlians need not apply Very Happy jk

b) Commitment = attending around 2 out of 3 sessions. But we do understand about real life, so if things come up, we understand. Average session time, probably around 3 hours, but can go as long as everyone feel like playing. Longest I've ever played was 22 hrs straight. Sessions will probably not happen more often than once every two weeks.

c) Sense of humour = if I need to explain this... you don't have one. Since you're all still in TGS despite what goes on in /fc, you should all be fine. Just check attitudes at door and everyone will laugh.

d) Experience = not necessary, but nice to have. If there's somebody else with GM experience, it'll make my life easier, but it's not essential.

And fellows... please try to keep this on topic. If you're interested, let me know how much time you've got, roughly when would be best for you, if you have any experience, and which of the two proposed games you'd most be interested in.

Cheers
M0RGAN
Antares Pilot

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be very interested in this...

A) English is my first language... that is, American English, not English English (I understood more people when I was in Paris than when I was in London!).

B) Commitment depends entirely on the schedule of things. I can commit 100%, as long as I don't have to alter my existing schedule (I work 4 long days a week with no room for alteration).

C) I wouldn't be a gamer without a sense of humor. 'Nuf said.

D) I have A LOT of experience. MxO is my first MMO, but I've been doing table-top gaming for nearly 15 years. White Wolf system (not my first preference), D&D, GURPS, Shadowrun, Cyberpunk 2020, Rolemaster, Star Wars (both D20 system and West End Games old system), Spycraft... hey, I've even played Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! I've also done extensive LARP'ing, and I've run games (both table-top and live-action) as well.

My old gaming group has pretty much moved to all over the US, and we were recently talking about all buying the XBOX 360 so we could use it's teleconference capabilities (yes, it has that) to do "tele-gaming"... I know that makes us ultra-geeks, but hey, that's what we are. This would be similar, but presumeably without the video. I'd be willing to give it a try.

-M0RGAN
FigmentOYI

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great, Morgan. Except for the dodgy accents and the way you murder our language... you yanks aren't so bad Razz

Personally, I hate White Wolf's system too, finding the mechanics too simple and unrealistic. I tend to run my V:tM in GURPS (although the combat system in GURPS stinks).

I tend to work very irregular hours during the week, so it's most likely that we'll be playing on weekends.

Do you have any Shadowrun GM experience, Morgan? I'd be particularly interested in playing it, if you've had any experience there. I've read the books, but never played the system so it'll be really hard for me to GM. I'd much rather play that one. Besides... always nicer having two GM's in a group to share the responsibilities.

TS isn't the ideal place to be doing PnP RP, but it's a damn sigh better than having no RP at all Very Happy . I was thinking of trying to set up a web based system so that I could pass out "handouts" etc., but wouldn't have the faintest idea where to begin.

So that's two now. Morgan and Rocky are interested. One more? Anyone?
Leelia

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello folks,

this definately sounds interesting, but I'm out at a) - I think I can survive in english speaking countries rather good, but I've never done this kind of thing before (RP over the internet and in a foreign language that is).

I'd like to try it though if you still have got some available slots later. Not sure about the commitment thing, but (without meaning to exclude anybody!) I might add that doing this with participants from different timezones will complicate things enormously.

I have played a lot of fantasy RP since 1993 now; a local german game ( (A)D&D is not very popular here), doing V:tM LARP and a little P&P and Shadowrun. And yes, I do have SR GM experience but I don't think it'll be the brightest idea if I mime the GM (see above).

Another issue: I am not TGS, but I am your biggest fan Razz Wink *waves a TGS flag, clad in TGS fan aparel*

Web-based thingy: You may want to have a look at a collaboration / e-learning software called CommSy. It has been developed at my university and it's also available in english. But from what I get, it's not trivial to setup for the casual user. An easier though less powerful solution would be founding a Yahoo!-group. Y!groups suck, but at least you have basic features like a calendar, space to store files, something they call "database" (*laughs*) and of course email discussions.

Carsten

You all have fancy quotes here, yes? - Leelia, TGS Forums
FigmentOYI

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leelia, we'd be glad to have you! (barring interference from faction leadership :p)

Timing shouldn't be an issue. Germany can't be THAT far from the UK (just 1 or 2 hours, isn't it?). If, as an example, we were to start at 15:00 on Saturday and play until 18:00, it would still only be 20:00 your time.

We've got our three, so we're ready to start.

Rocky / Morgan / Leelia
a) what day / time works best for you (give a couple, so that we've got some options and keep them generic, like Friday afternoon).

b) what game shall we start with? I can run Star Wars d20 or GURPS Vampire (I prefer GURPS). We may also be able to play Shadowrun. Please rank these three in order of preference.

c) does anyone know where we can get access to a TS server? I know TGS used to have one, but don't know where it is or if it still works.
RockyB
Lost soul

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll look up the teamspeak server tonight and see if it's still there. Ideally Saturday morning, as I work Friday nights, Saturdays nights and sunday mornings and I'm at college for most of the rest of the time.

Sunday nights after 8PM will be okay, before then I'm liable to get bogged down with family sunday dinners Razz
Leelia

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, I'm one out of three then, guess there goes my idea of starting as a more passive member. Smile I'm generally not available during the day, sunday evenings are a good time to catch me - let's say from 19:00 GMT.

About timezones: no, Germany (central european summer time, GMT+2) is only +1 hour to british summertime - that's not the problem. I was thinking about Morgan - not sure if I wanted to go roleplaying before I had my first coffee that morning *lol*

Not sure which system I prefer. I totally like Vampire, but I understand I am pretty much alone with that oppion here Smile . I've never player D&D (and from what I heard, I don't like it). Starwars is aaaages ago, and that was with the D6 system. OI am quite firm with Shadowrun so I'd vote for that.

M0RGAN
Antares Pilot

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My timezone is GMT -5. I work Sunday 9am-8pm and Monday through Wednesday 11am-10pm. Let's see, carry the one... convert to base-12... I guess I'd be available for you at what would be VERY LATE Sunday night for me. I'd be okay with that, but could pro'ly only play 3 hours or so. Anyway, no biggie if I can't make it... I suggest sticking to the largest group by timezone for convenience's and group-size's sake.

I also prefer GURPS ("...but the GURPS combat system stinks!" --- Wha-wha-what?!! It's the BEST EVER, and I can prove it!). LOL Let's see who else might be interested and if there's a reliable TS connection before I totally count myself out.
Leelia

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you guys PM me your IM handles if you got any? I can serve MSN, AIM, ICQ and jabber. Smile

Eminition

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get xfire too Leelia.

Leelia

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfff... not happening.

RockyB
Lost soul

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you won't be talking with the majority of TGS then Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: