Anarchy Online
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jediken21
Lost soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Anarchy Online Reply with quote

any1 else play it? i just dled it, the free one.
doomicon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i tried it, I thought it sucked. I thought combat sucked, and the graphics subpar. After three days on noob island, I was pulling out fist fulls of hair. lol

I read beforehand all the cool things you could do, but it just didn't seem any features could get me to overlook how poor the combat and graphics were.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe talk to me in game, I know WAY too much about it....
jediken21
Lost soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...the graphics are...lame...mxo is so far the best graphics in an MMO(that ive seen) ...and atm its all its got Sad
Eminition

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EVE has amazing graphics too...

Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm with EVE on the graphics front, though from what I've seen RF Online (which I only looked at because King mentioned it on his show last night) looks nice too. MxO's still got the best blend of everything as far as I'm concerned.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The graphics in EVE are amazing, but they don't really have to render anything. Aside from ships and stations, the rest is just backdrop so to speak.

It does look awesome thou, buddy of mine tried the 14 day trial. He liked it, but spending 20 mins of a 45 minute gaming session in travel time, he decided not to invest in it.
Lost soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eve sounds a lot like the x series of space RPG's

has anyone played both and can tell me if thats true?
Lost soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote1138988337=Procurator]
Yeah, I'm with EVE on the graphics front, though from what I've seen RF Online (which I only looked at because King mentioned it on his show last night) looks nice too. MxO's still got the best blend of everything as far as I'm concerned.
[/quote1138988337]

I cant beleive i forgot about RFO!! OMFG, the graphics r sweet in that game. i played the philipean beta until they blocked all non-philipean IPs...it was sweet, when it comes out, it will hold the title of greatest MMO ever.
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silence! Razz
Singularity Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You CAN'T own cities because ALL the slots are taken, you CAN'T Kill aliens other than on Noob island becoause the ONLY area is for lvl 205+.
You CAN'T build Notum towers because you are NOT paying for it.
You CAN'T goto Shadowlands because you are not Paying for it.
You CAN'T get decent Nano abilities because you are not paying for it.
You CAN'T Enter a player city EVEN if your guild/faction owns one because you are NOT paying for it.
You CAN'T use global search terminals to find items you NEED because you are not paying for it.
You CAN'T get the best armor or Equipment because lvl 210 arse whipes camp them almost 24/7. They know the EXACT spawn time anfd log in JUST as you start to attack.. Hey they are lvl 210 they shoot ONCE get the loot and log out til the next spawn. When is the next spawn you ask... 18 HOURS. Are people that sad and desperat that they will log in every 18 HOURS just to loot a boss... YES YES YES YES YES
Loot is NOT lvl locked so a lvl 210 can blow SH*T out of a lvl 50 boss and get the rare item you SO BADLY NEED!
Oh and Funcom do not give 2 flying rats tail pipes about AHYONE who plays the game.
AND you cant FORGET about complaing to ARC about someone flameing in area or constantly kill stealing.. Oh wait I almost forgot.. According to FC Kill stealing does NOT EXIST... The official word from FC a few months ago was.. "We do not recognise kill stealing as an offence, any player has the right to attack and kill any NPC in the game irspective of level."
So you NEED that one item to upgrade your armor but the lvl 210 is camping it TOUGH. screem, bitch, shout, piss, whine, and moan to FC all you like.. The result... YOU GET BANNED.!! and NOT the *$(*&*&^& £"$&^^$(" *^£$^%*£$* £$(*^(*£$$ &&^£$(* level 210 who is CAMPING A DAMN LVL 80 NPC!

Do I have and Anarchy account? Yes. Why? Because GW bores me so much I almost want to suicide IRL, and because Anarchy is free. Oh and well it is something to do until I get a reply from one of the 300+ applications I have sent out and NOT heard a FRIGGIN WORD FROM. And because I have to have SOMETHING to play until I can afford to get back into MxO

TheTaxidermist wrote:
Eve sounds a lot like the x series of space RPG's

has anyone played both and can tell me if thats true?

Haven't played X3 but X2 was and is Pretty good.. pity it is not online. EVE Well if you want to spend all day getting to where you want to ONLY to get there and have some SOB Blow you out of the sky.. OH yes AND Pod Kill you just for the HELL of it Then yeah pay for it.. Personally I played it for 7 days then found that My next lot of skills would take 2 WEEKS to learn real time (since you continue to learn skills even when you are not playing)

IMO X2 was and is better pitty it was not online.. Though I believe X3 IS but having no money atm I haven't even bothered to look at X3 incase I start drooling over something I can't have.

Eminition whirled around and jammed his gun barrel right into Agamemnomn’s head: “This is for Bittype.” With a destructive blast, a merciless bullet tore through The Cypherite’s skull and brain.
Read the singularity logs in Chronological order here >>> Singularity Mainframe
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me like you don't like any MMOs in general. Apart from MxO. Wink
Lost soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed x2, it came free with my graphics card. I might install it again.

But er, seriously bitt, stop taking those steroids Razz
Singularity Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Procurator wrote:
Sounds to me like you don't like any MMOs in general. Apart from MxO. Wink

What's not to like about MxO?
I am in the BEST faction, and the BEST crew, and the BEST instance..

Well I am when I can get in.

TheTaxidermist wrote:
But er, seriously bitt, stop taking those steroids Razz

Who needs steroids when you have permanent PMS Razz

Yeah been a while since I played X2.. I may have to install it again too. Right now I am having fun Modding Freelancer.. Crappy game, crappy graphics, X2 is EVERYTHING Freelancer COULD have been if Microsoft had pulled their finger out and actually compleated half the code thay put in the damn game. It might be almost 8 years old but I was quite surprised to find there are still well over 150 servers still up and populated.

Still until I can afford to get back into MxO assuming they don't delete me I need to find something to do. Oh well... Back to making the Liberty Police suicide in planet Manhattan's atmosphere, and the Rhinelanders so blitzed on Schnapps they fly into their sun singing "Fly me to the Moon."
And the Britonians.. Well They are Brits so that means they are just about perfect as they are.

Eminition whirled around and jammed his gun barrel right into Agamemnomn’s head: “This is for Bittype.” With a destructive blast, a merciless bullet tore through The Cypherite’s skull and brain.
Read the singularity logs in Chronological order here >>> Singularity Mainframe
Eminition

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, EVE just broke the 100,000 subscriber mark, broke the world record for concurrent online users, upgraded their game and database servers (must have cost about a million I would guess) and are planning the next big expansion pack for Q2 (with content too!!)

They must be doing something right, and unlike some companies they work to fix the game (even on a Sunday evening). They realise their responsibility to their customers, and don't bugger up the game even more with each patch thats released.

And as to the size of the game, yes, you can spend hours travelling from one end to another. Biggest game "size" there is I think. Yes, if you are in low-sector space you will get shot down and probably podded to boot. Thats why you have a faction / corporation to protect you.

There is no level cap, so the older players don't get bored. It is highly improbable that anyone will ever reach the maximum skill points, estimates are around 3 years real-time for that.

And otherwise, how is everyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: