Chat Log Formatter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Data Repository (Web Site)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo! The Devs finally implemented my suggestion. I'll make the modification to deal with TellSent as soon as I can.

And I'm not sure what you mean, Dark. You want to the system to keep a record of colours added to names, and redo them automatically? That's fiddly, and restricts users' choices. Confused

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I mean is I'd love the formatter to be able to (optionally) assign a color to each name by itself if the user is to lazy or (in my case) stupid to do it themselves.
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. No, that's tricky. When people choose colours for the names, they need to take into account what they will look like where they post them. The script has no way of knowing what the output will look like, so can't create a set of 'safe' colours.
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update

• As of MxO Update 45, outbound /tells are labelled as [TellSent]. The log formatter now takes advantage of this and correctly prefixes those /tells with 'To'. Older /tells are still subject to some ambiguity as to their origins - this cannot be remedied.
  • You can now enter the name of the person taking the log (probably you). This will allow the newer outbound /tells to be coloured using the sender's colour settings, rather than the recipient's.
  • Fixed a bug where LET names with whitespace at the end did not get colour applied them properly.
  • Fixed a bug whereby empty [System] messages would be left in.

Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update
  • Fixed a bug where empty colour tags would appear in outbound /tells even if the logger didn't have a colour set. (This only happened if the /tells were being sent to people who did have a colour.) Thanks to Darkspacer for posting his logs - that's where I first noticed it.

Antares First Mate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your mails, proc Razz

'Like... Dude... What the hell...' - d4sh
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done, but I'm at work at the moment. Razz I'll look into the bug after dinner.
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update
  • Fixed a bug where [System] tags using the special *...* format would vanish if BBCode was being applied to the log.

Thanks for pointing it out, Dev. I've got no idea how it happened. The pattern used to get rid of [System] lines with nothing in them (which happens when MxO's logger fails to record certain messages, and just bungs a [System] tag in there) worked perfectly before. I told it to capture things between [brackets], but non-greedily (i.e. grab everything before the first ] bracket). It was ignoring my command and grabbing everything in the line! So I did it the old-fashioned way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Data Repository (Web Site) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: