So guys...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d4sh
Faction Leader,
Antares Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MxO ftw!

"d4sh is half robot, half Dutch and half ninja." - M0RGAN | "Dashy is hardcore, he danced in the flames." - Gookin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Olink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

West side is tha best!
Lost soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Stares at Olinks Avatar*

*Swipes it for a Forum emoticon*
TheTaxidermist
Lost soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have that on msn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was an emoticon on the first MxO forum, saved it before they changed.
Lost soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That ... Sig ... Pwns Very Happy
d4sh
Faction Leader,
Antares Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OLINK'S SIG IS DA ************! Smile

"d4sh is half robot, half Dutch and half ninja." - M0RGAN | "Dashy is hardcore, he danced in the flames." - Gookin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FrayJack
Lost soul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:O
Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played both, and I don't prefer one over the other. Just really depends on what you'd rather do, Matrix moves or Drive a large Mech (I was a Bellato Driver). Since you've already played MxO and you liked it, I'd go with that. RF can be fun, but there is a LOT of grinding, though the rewards pay off *Hugs Mech*. So yea, there's my input if it really matters to ya. Smile

Nothin' But A Lone Wolf...
FigmentOYI

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Wolf said... It depends what you're looking for. For your delectation, I submit summaries of all the MMO-type games I've tried:

MxO - Good game. Best looking combat system I've ever seen. Generally good fun to play, but the mission system is nasty. Even the contact/org missions, while the stories are fun, they operate on the same, tired old system. Haven't tried CR2 much yet, so I don't know whether we've seen the last of the Arbalests, or whatever the new uber-build turns out to be, or... gasp... horror.... they've actually managed to balance the thing. 8/10 dropping after more that 3 hours continuous play to 5/10.

SWG - Don't go here. Nasty connection speeds, low fps etc. now cunningly combined with a game that requires you to have excellent twitch reflexes (or you can't aim right) with a well developed character (because you can't hit jack even if you aim right unless you have the skill). They've taken away all the complexity of building a unique character in a living world, and replaced it with the Duplo-equivalent. You can now choose 1 class (which get's the same abilities etc. as EVER other member of that class at the same level). The grinds are horrible and it takes forever to get anywhere. Don't go here. -10/10 dropping to -1000/10 after about 10 minutes.

Guild Wars - Interesting. No monthly fees, so you can pick it up and play whenever you feel like it. Not played it long, but feels like every other fantasy-type MMORPG / single-player RPG I've ever played. Didn't hold my attention for more than a few minutes but, if you don't have any other gripping games, might be quite good. Probably 7/10, but for me about 2/10.

City of Heroes - Interesting concept. Bad execution. Visually, quite nice, but all the characters are the same. Sure, you can customise the human form to the n-th degree and even go Hulk-like. But that's it. The costumes are awesome, but there's nothing special about the characters. Nothing memorable. No cyborg-tentacled Doc-Ocks, for example. Nothing that sets these people apart. And then there's the population problem. Ever seen a city with about 5 supers per normal? It's quite bizzare. And the quests are extremely tedious, effectively being nothing more than endless mob killing. Slow grind to get anywhere. No events (that I ever saw, anyway). Cancelled after 3 months frustration. 9/10 dropping to 4/10 in two weeks and down to 2/10 after four weeks.

World of Warcraft - All I can say is... WoW (sorry... terrible pun). Seriously, though, this game has captured my attention away from MxO. The quests are interesting. The areas are tailored to each race. The world is vast and explorable. The graphics are stunning and well rendered. The lag is minimal (even with full servers). This game is exceptionally well maintained and designed. It is fully quest driven and guides you through game-play extremely well. The events are novel, interesting and well-designed (consisting of more than the average MxO-event of dropping a few random mobs here/there and making you play 12 hours to miss the event by logging for 30 minutes to go get a pizza). The game is designed to encourage both solo and group play (with the harder [see better] stuff going to groups) and, because all the missions are custom-designed (as opposed to the repetitive wash-rinse-reuse MxO versions) and the world is always expanding (they're continually opening new world instances) there are always people to game with. 10 shiny new stars for this one. Buy this now. Might drop to 9/10 after 14 hours straight.

Planetside - Something for you FPS nuts. For those that don't know, this is a MMOFPS. Standard presumption of 3 Empires stuck with only so much land (hence endlessly trying to take it away from the other two Very Happy ). Seems a little repetitive, on the surface and, if you're looking for an immersive storyline... go elsewhere. This game is fast-paced, gut-wrenching, nerve-pounding adrenalin all the way. Install v3 twitch-reflexes now. You're going to need them. It has a steep learning curve (even with help, after 3 months, I still have a Kill:Death ratio of about 1:5). It can be frustrating and irritating so if this isn't your thing just stay away. Upside: they have a lot of open days, so you'll get to try it out without spending any money. Other upside: It's extremely tactical. If you insist on taking your unarmoured cloaker into the middle of a firefight repeatedly, you're going to die. Repeatedly. You need to learn the strategy of what to do and when. When you start out, you only know a few skills, so you're only going to be useful in certain circumstances. Accept that, and you might not die so often that you quit. You might even gain enough BR (Battle Ranks - think levels) that you can get enough skills to be useful most (but never all) of the time. My other favourite game. Even though I die a lot. 9/10. Unless you're not too bright and insist on trying to provide air-cover to your tanks trying to take out the enemy's Anti-Air positions. Then it's probably 1/10.

Anarchy Online - Played this ages ago. Extremely unmemorable. In fact... you know... I can't find a single good thing to say about it. Just don't go here. 0/10.

Neocron 2 - Cyber-punkish MMO. Really blew me away, reading all the articles about it. Found out that, wow... it's free to download. Only need to pay monthly. DL'd straight away. waited ages for it to happen (even with 8Mb broadband, 2.5Gb is a HUGE download). Spent hours reading all the cool stuff about it while the download happened. Finally installed and... nothing. Wouldn't run. Crashed. Screen-blacked. Frozen. You name it, it happened to me. Eventually contacted tech support. What happened? Nada. Put in help requests. Nothing. Logged with the online support - and got canned responses only (Me: "No, I'm NOT going to f'ing reinstall Windows and all my software just because your game doesn't work... go to the next point." Tech Support: "I'm sorry, sir. But until you reinstall Windows and all your software, I can't go on with my checklist.") Phoned them. Ditto. Cancelled. Got locked out of game (no loss there) and still got charged for an additional two months of trying to persuade them that I wasn't playing their game anymore until I told my bank to block them and got nailed as a credit offender. Bastards. If you value your credit rating... don't go here. -1,000,000,000,000,000/10. Bastards.

So... that's my games. Hope it helped. Anyone else want to post their games?[/i][/u]
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An enlightening read! However, just for your WoW review, I'm banning you from the forums.

(Meh, alright, you just get this: /slap Razz)
Aggregator Communications Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I SO agree with you on Neocron 2!!!
Olink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested Neocron 2 a couple of months ago, it was just plain boring. It was dark and ruined everywhere I went, with a slow and boring background music. Takes a while getting used to the interface aswell--Or well, I wouldn't know, because I stopped trying after a good 30 wasted minutes.

It does sound pretty cool by reading about it, but I suppose you'll have to be more of a fan than me to catch interest in it.
(IMO, I think most players play it because of the strippers Wink)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: