*Zemmic ponders...*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zemmic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: *Zemmic ponders...* Reply with quote

Hello!

I'm looking around for a new game, something that'll keep me interested, played some planetside, SWG, WoW... but I'm alittle unimpressed. I quickly got bored of planetside... swg doesn't look good, because of the two "balances" they've suffered, and WoW... seems to only keep me interested for a month or so.

So.. I came across The Matrix Online. Being a big fan of the films, I thought I'd check it out... however, I find the offical community website to be alittle... well, most of the links in the "game features" section were "currently being updated" and I wanted some real opinions about the game from the players themselves.

I found your website whilst looking through the forums, and thought I'd pop-by, see if I can get any answers.

So! What I'd mainly like to know.. is the game community, I played SWG for 2years.. and for the most part, it had a great community, I made alot of friends... now of course, they're all but gone. So MxO's community? Are there alot of players?

My second question is the game play of course. One of the most important parts of a game.. *rollseyes* (hoping SOE knows this...).

Thirdly.. how is the MxO compare to the movies? Is there that matrix feel in the game that we get from the movies? is the game accurate to movie events and such?

From the trailers and other game-play movies I've seen, it looks fun, but as I siad, I'd love to hear some of the opinions from the players.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to my ramblings, hopefully we'll talk again!
RockyB
Lost soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You come to MxO for the game, you stay for the community. That's certainly true here Smile

TGS are a great bunch of people to play with, and the wider community are brilliant too. I cn't honestly see myself leaving, however much te game blows.

And luckily, it doesn't. It's still a bit shaky on its feet after the SOE takeover, but with the combat revamp coming up soon (We ASKED for this one, it wasn't foisted upon us Wink) and the increase if LET interaction, things are really starting to hot up.
Zemmic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the quick reply!

One thing that worried me was the SOE takeover and the changes... however, if it's what the players want, then it's all good! What I fear is that I purchase the game, find a great community and then it instantly disappear because of certain changes that the player base dislikes.

I'm really liking the look of the game so far... I'm not much of a Fantasy gamer... I think that's why WoW lost it's interest for me after a while. I do prefer sci-fi games... and I'm interested in playing a martial arts type character. After playing Teras Kasi for the most part of my swg life I'm feeling alittle sad that they've now axed it.

Thanks again for the quick answer, and please, if anyone can share their opnions, I'd be grateful! Smile (I'm sure they will all be great opinions about the game, as you do play it, but I would love to be conviced to buy MxO haha!)

Hope you all have fun playing games, and hopefully I'll see you in MxO someday!
Asurik

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there can i just say mxo is a good game as long as u have time money and patience (and a good comp system) and we have a really good community going with lots of interaction with Devs and such loads of good people to play with Smile

However on the other side of the looking glass as to speak mxo is sometimes a trying games when thinks go wrong and u need the time and money to bring out its full potential so if you looking for a game to put all your hart and soul into then mxo if prob for you if u looking for something a bit less time consuming and casual then then it may be worth looking about a bit more
this is just my opinion and i only speak for myself.
hope this has helped in some small way Smile
Eminition

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zemmic,

Rocky was right, it's not so much the game that keeps us all here, it's the community. Without a good one, any game is doomed. Of course there are some bad apples, n00bs and idiots, but that is the human race. To answer your question about the game itself :

I'm sure you've read the main MxO forums, and the biggest word atm is "Combat Revision 2.0". We are all eagerly awaiting what could possibly be the best update the game has ever seen. At the moment there are a few balance problems (eg. Hacker), and not a lot of high-level content, but I am sure when the Revision is up and running the devs will have more time to work on other projects. Another major plus-point are the "Live Events", that is where the devs will interact with us using characters from the movies (Niobe, Seraph, the Oracle), and also a few new ones like Cryptos and the Assassin (who's dead, along with Morpheus). The story line has been scripted, so the future looks rosy in that aspect.
What is also unique, is that you can swap out your abilities as you please. Virtually all other games once you choose your profession you have to stick with it. In MxO you can be a deadly hacker, and 10 seconds later a Kung-Fu master.

Does the game look like the movies? You could debate that for hours. There are countless "the movies had no hackers" threads, but lots of the martial arts moves also weren't in the movies. For me the game does have a "matrixy" feel to it, and any fan of the movies should also be a fan of the game.

What I would suggest to you, is get the game and play for a month or two. If it doesn't appeal to you then cancel your subscription. 25 euros for two months of gaming isn't the end of the world for most people. And with luck, you'll also get addicted Smile

Zemmic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replys.

And I think that I'll do what you have suggested Eminition.

I guess the *best* way to find out how the game is, is to experience it yourself!

I'm also very interested in the swapping of abilities, I loved that aspect of swg, I had never seen it before and it let me continue with the same character for years.
The live events also sounds very unique, with the devs actually making an effort to interact with the community sounds very interesting indeed!

Ohh I don't think the things you listed would be a problem for me Asurik. I believe the only one I may stuggle with is time, as I'm currently at college. But of course I'm one of those "don't sleep until 4am" kinda guys, so I should be able to play quite a bit over the weekends Smile

Thanks everyone for their lengthy responses. I appreciate the time taken to give me an over view of the game.

looking forward to gaming! perhaps I'll see ya all in the matrix!

Asurik

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP man i hope to see and play with you in game some time anything u need just pm "Asurik" in game k Smile
Zemmic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much! I'm sure I'll have a godly amount of questions once I get in game.. (I'm hoping to be able to play tomorrow) However, I'll keep it to a low, important questions only hah.

Thanks again.

Zemmic.

Eminition

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask away, we will all gladly help out.

globin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"MxO is like crack"

RockyB
Lost soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that mean you're coming back man? Razz
globin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me? Maybe I'm already back, haha... haha... heh You might say Zemmic is me HAH

Woops

Devaude
Antares First Mate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=globin]Me? Maybe I'm already back[/quote]

!amazed

'Like... Dude... What the hell...' - d4sh
Campusanis
Aggregator Communications Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, what about the guy Chloe was kissing that pretended to know her? Wink
Eminition

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=globin]Me? Maybe I'm already back, haha... haha... heh You might say Zemmic is me HAH

Woops[/quote]

You sound a lot like rarebit there. You got a new job Globin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: