Advise me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Tech Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheTaxidermist
Lost soul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Advise me Reply with quote

I was browsing the tech support forums when I came across a thread that supposedly explained my current problem

http://mxoboards.station.sony.com/matrix/board/message?board.id=techsupport&message.id=3664

I can't make head or tail of it sadly, from what I gather if I pay for a month I can only play for 15 days, which to me is unnacceptable.

Unfortunatley I can neither log in to the forums to query the author himself.

My account is currently closed after two failed attempts to pay via global collect. Apparantly this is also a problem for other UK global collect subscribers.

I have a good 3 months before my character is wiped so I wanted to gather my thoughts before risking losing another £9.99

I have also begun communications with global collect concerning the issue they appear to be having (and to chase down a refund for those previous subscription payments)

has anyone else encountered and resolved this issue, or has any further advice for me?

cheers in advance,

-Tax
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had any billing problems myself, so I'm not really in a position to help. Confused However, is using a credit card an option for you? I'm using that and have had no problems, and it actually works out a few pence cheaper (thanks to the exchange rate).
Lost soul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad sadly I only have debit cards ,but thanks for trying Wink
Aggregator Communications Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUCK, you mentioned that you can't log into the forums and since I didn't try to play the last days and couldn't log into the forums when I tried, I just had to realise that I've got the same problem!! Trying to solve it now. And I'm using a credit card. With Global Collect though...
I also read the source of the guy who posted in the official forums and I really can't see, where he got the "Just wait" information out of. To me it sounds like it just failed and you have to wait the time to the date it says at "Account open until" which is the 22 October for me! Now where's my free month and the rest of the month I paid for? And why do we have to wait? Because f*cking $OE (first time I'm using '$') is too lazy to include MxO into their "My Account" page at the station.
Is it true that you can play with a credit card without Global Collect? I will have to try this, if I ever get the opportunity to edit my account! This is ridicolous, I could fix everything right now, if I just could. And now I can understand Taxidermist: What reference number??? Did you find it eventually? If so, where? I've got an email from them, but no f*cking reference number!
Maybe I'm sounding pissed.
That's because I am.
I would give some cash to the faction bank, but guess what...

Giving Sony the finger,
Campusanis
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're using a credit card, don't bother with global collect.
Lost soul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont blame SOE, Iv'e been snooping all week and its global collect who've dropped the ball on this one.

I've sent them an email, you can find their address on www.globalcollect.com.
Aggregator Communications Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, they're separate? Okay, then nothing will be said. Wink
And by the way, I just wanted to submit a petition. Then I wanted to look up the exact error message - and I got through, it works and I can login to the forums?! Did I scare the game by making a petition? For your information, I won't log off now for a while, because I don't want to risk the error again. This is so strange. Today I started my computer to look up something in a directory and when it finished booting, the directory window showed up automatically...
Maybe some higher force is cheating on me... I'm haunted by visions... *looks around nervously*

Campusanis
TheTaxidermist
Lost soul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is good news, perhaps global collect have got things going again. Do tell if your account goes back into expire again won't you Wink
Lost soul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, camp got it for about 5 minutes ... Before the servers shut down Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Tech Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: