The End of Days

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Data Repository (Web Site)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: The End of Days Reply with quote

In the unlikely event someone reads this, I bid you greetings. Smile

I'm posting to say that the site's core is in imminent danger of imploding. The server on which it resides is losing support for an older version of PHP in... uh, in...

Well, tomorrow. The site might die tomorrow.

I've done a little testing and it looks like the forums should survive, but the main site itself is going to collapse. It might be simple to fix and I'm going to give it a quick glance to see if there's something I can do about it, but I'm not promising anything. If I fail, I'll at least direct visitors straight to the forums.

I've always said that I will never delete one of my Web sites, and I stand by that. Never said anything about maintaining them though. Wink

If the site can't be easily fixed you will consequently be unable to access your old content. It's all still on the server, of course, so if you really want to get hold of your old writings then you can leave a message here and I'll do my best to find it and send it over to you.

I hope this message finds you well, and that you will not long mourn the death of a site that, as I quote from Rarebit once again, has 'got a nice clean layout, and cool bios on their members'. Throwing modesty aside ('cos, you know, I was always a shining paragon of self-effacing humility ¬_¬) I think the Glitch Society Data Repository is still the nicest looking interface I've ever made, and I'll miss it if it's gone.

Just not quite as much as MxO and the faction. Sad

- Procurator
Second-in-Command & Chief Archivist of The Glitch Society
Captain of the HvCFT Aggregator
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bittype
Singularity Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG OMG OMG OMG....

Be grateful if you can send my old writings if you can find them all.. Will be nice to have something left from the Best gaming and RP days I have ever had the pleasure to encounter.

There is nothing and I mean nothing that compares to the community we all enjoyed out there today.

Eminition whirled around and jammed his gun barrel right into Agamemnomn’s head: “This is for Bittype.” With a destructive blast, a merciless bullet tore through The Cypherite’s skull and brain.
Read the singularity logs in Chronological order here >>> Singularity Mainframe
d4sh
Faction Leader,
Antares Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, seems it's still working. Smile

I still love coming back here every now and then to click around a bit. Though a blast from the past, it's the most glorious of times I've ever spent online. I'll keep checking back here, got the site bookmarked and hotkeyed so it'll always available to me.

Haven't done much online gaming since, with the simple explanation that nothing can equal what I've experienced in and around MxO. Heck, the logo's still saved on my desktop in case I decide to go ahead and get it tattooed (was an option back then, and still is). Wink

I never thought I would at all, and I've never since found such a great group of people who became friends over night (since that's when we did most of our playing).

TGS is in my blood, always on my mind and will live on forever. <3

"d4sh is half robot, half Dutch and half ninja." - M0RGAN | "Dashy is hardcore, he danced in the flames." - Gookin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Bittype
Singularity Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d4sh wrote:

TGS is in my blood, always on my mind and will live on forever. <3

hear, hear!

I have played damn near every mmo out there since MxO went down. Many of them boast they have an amazing community.
I have yet to find one that even comes halfway to what we had in MxO.. Most of the buggers out there have no idea how to RP.

Half of the problem is the restriction they ALL have on the friends list. ie. you can't have enemies on your friend list so the only way to co ordinate is forums and half of them don't even read them.

Gook and I are in the same guild in swtor and the biggest RP thread in the history of the guild is the one Gook and I are posting in.

Eminition whirled around and jammed his gun barrel right into Agamemnomn’s head: “This is for Bittype.” With a destructive blast, a merciless bullet tore through The Cypherite’s skull and brain.
Read the singularity logs in Chronological order here >>> Singularity Mainframe
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember when it happened, but the site did indeed implode in the end! However, I've finally got around to fixing it. Definitely a sticking plaster approach, and I haven't checked everything to see if it works, but at least you can see the pages now.
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always my favourite page (besides the Aggregator roster page of course!):
http://www.glitchsociety.com/captains/
Faction Leader,
Antares Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the fix, DJ Pee! Great being able to click through these pages again.

"d4sh is half robot, half Dutch and half ninja." - M0RGAN | "Dashy is hardcore, he danced in the flames." - Gookin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Data Repository (Web Site) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: