Other Online Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been in any MMOs since MxO. Nothing will capture the magic, I'm sure. Sad

But I have just taken an interest in The Secret World. Wanted to join the beta, but they need my Facebook account. That's not going to happen.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: FB Reply with quote

I agree on the Facebook link, but apparently peeps are creating bogus facebook pages.

I was going to dig up my 'doomicon' facebook from MxO and link that.

I played WoW only for PvP, nothing has compared to MxO and it's RP and immersion. I think TSW has the potential.
Singularity Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as FunCom don't out the same old crap as with their other games. i.e. half finished games, toons falling through scenery, content for high lvl toons and not much for lobies, poor customer service, the list goes on...

Actually playing Star Trek Online atm. It ain't too bad, has lots of potential for RP but no one seems to bother at least not in my time zone anyway. And it goes Free To Play within the next month or two.

[edit]
Found 3 RP fleets that all so far. 1 of which takes RP way too far imo, to the point where RP becomes more important than enjoying the game. The other 2 judging by their forums don't really have much of an idea about RP, and none of them appear to RP with ANY of the other RP fleets. ALL RP appears internal to the fleet itself.
In short the RP community has no idea how to interact with each other.

Conclusion.. Though this game has a LOT of RP potential it could definitely do with some of the old TGS RP style and spice.

Still it is a very enjoyable game with both space and ground combat, and the ability to build your own missions in the foundry, the only downside to the foundry is that the author can not play their own mission in game.

[/edit]

Eminition whirled around and jammed his gun barrel right into Agamemnomn’s head: “This is for Bittype.” With a destructive blast, a merciless bullet tore through The Cypherite’s skull and brain.
Read the singularity logs in Chronological order here >>> Singularity Mainframe
Bittype
Singularity Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently playing SWtor on the Trask Ulgo server. Found an Imperial RP guild, most of them seem to have experience but we are all still learning and building characters. The game has lots of potential for RP hopefully it will eventually be something approaching the old MxO days. Most of the people in game seem to have migrated from WoW, I haven't had so much fun playing a game and leveling since MxO.

Eminition whirled around and jammed his gun barrel right into Agamemnomn’s head: “This is for Bittype.” With a destructive blast, a merciless bullet tore through The Cypherite’s skull and brain.
Leelia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya Glitchies, remember me? Smile I hope y'all are doing good.

Besides the fact that I wanted to say 'hi' I wanted to ask if anyone of you is playing SWTOR on the Progenitor server (EU RP-PvE)? We've rekindled Veritas Lucis on TOR (Republic side) and have a few old MxO'er in the fold (Zamp, Ozzin, Aiyalla, Ankt) plus a very nice bunch of people from the Lotro-kinship Zamp and I joined in our post-MxO time.

We're not many and to be frank, our RP hasn't really kicked off yet (the game content is still too distracting Wink ) but would be nice to get in contact in that galaxy far, far away.

Also, if anyone wants to try out SWTOR for free: I have two 1-week trial invitations left. PM me with your email if you're interested.

Hope to see you around!
-Lee

You all have fancy quotes here, yes? - Leelia, TGS Forums
Bittype
Singularity Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That goes for me to re the free invite.

I have found a pretty decent RP guild on Trask Ulgo. They are quite heavily into RP and are playing as slavers some of them play as slaves too.

But the game is still so new most folks are hitting the war zones to get all the best PvP gear.

None of the RP comes close to MxO though. Most of us are leveling Mains or Alts while were wait for the Legacy update to hit the main servers.

There are still a lot of things BW could do to increase RP immersion though. Like allowing us to sit on chairs for starters. The only useable chair are in our ships atm.

Sirez
Ananova Crewmember

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as far as MMOs go, I can tell that I'm going to be playing Secret World for sure. Decided on Illuminati thus far.

Also, good to see you chaps.
Lost soul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>being older than 16
>still playing mmo's

Jed is an old man now. Believe it.
d4sh
Faction Leader,
Antares Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yooo, great to see some people clicking by every now and then. Smile
I don't play MMO's anymore, barely get to turn on my 360 even. Work's been messing about and doing some light traveling.

... Wait, Jedi actually turned 21 at some point?

"d4sh is half robot, half Dutch and half ninja." - M0RGAN | "Dashy is hardcore, he danced in the flames." - Gookin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PoloSleor
Singularity First Mate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently we all keep visiting TGS once in a while Smile nice reading all of you again!

On the MMO front, I still have that lifetime account on LotR Online, but it's been a while since i visited Middle-Earth. Otherwise it's the PS3 that has been logging most of my gaming hours lately. Even though the hours are more like minutes, thanks to a sh*tload of work..

d4sh, if that light traveling ever brings you to Brussels, you know how to find me Wink

What is Singularity?
P.O.L.O.S.L.E.O.R.
Positronic Operational Lifeform Optimized for Sabotage, Logical Exploration and Online Repair
"Dragonram: TO LEMONE!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Crypternicus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm not working I've been playing LOTRO and waiting for TSW. Looking like I'll be Illuminati, would be great to see some of you there.
Leelia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which server are you guys on for Lotro? I, too, have a lifetime sub but don't play lotro at the moment. I'm on Laurelin.

You all have fancy quotes here, yes? - Leelia, TGS Forums
Gookin
Aggregator First Mate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damnit, I was in Brussels last month. Should have remembered to post on here!

You always say just what everyone else is thinking don't you? - Pixelmad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bittype
Singularity Pilot

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who desperately crave the MxO experience once more there were 2 emu servers running as of Feb.
Neither are the full monty but since SOE have said they will not sell the code NO WAY, NO HOW, NOT FOR ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY.
Not much but it in nice to pop back to Richmond now and then.

Gookin
Aggregator First Mate

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i finally joined SWTOR. Currently on the Shaltin Tunnels server (EU-RP). Currently... no RP!!!! Plus the fact that apparently 'Gookin' is classed as foul language, BW didn't give me a great start.

Enjoying the game more now that I'm level 16 and have my Ship.

If anyones around on that server, hit me up!

You always say just what everyone else is thinking don't you? - Pixelmad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9
Jump to: