Website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Data Repository (Web Site)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiango
Ananova First Mate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Website Reply with quote

I was wondering, if we could spruce up the website a bit, If i knew coding and stuff i'd do it myself, keep it up to date ect. But i look at quite a few other Factions websites eg.

The Tetragrammatons
Or
True Humanities

They look pretty cool, ours also looks cool, but i think we would get a lot more interest with a spiffy website with flash animations ect. unless we don't have the resources.

Just an idea for Recruitment Smile
Faction Leader,
Antares Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do have the resources, but prefer a properly built website that always works and easily navigates. Procurator's in charge of 'teh w3bs1te', though, so if he thinks otherwise...

(Also, this is in the wrong section. *Moves*)

"d4sh is half robot, half Dutch and half ninja." - M0RGAN | "Dashy is hardcore, he danced in the flames." - Gookin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I can't do Flash. Wink But I can't see it being particularly useful here anyway.

The example on Tetra's site looks nice, but serves no purpose: their full roster is on another page and has more details. And the True Humanity site fails a) because it has a useless intro page that you have to click through, and b) it doesn't scroll very nicely due to the combination of animation at the top and static background.

I know I've neglected our site, but come on... It still looks better than theirs. Wink And let's not forget what Rarebit said about our site: 'They've got a nice clean layout, and cool bios on their members.'

This site will be simply beautiful when all its intended features are finished. As to when that'll be... I refuse to comment, as I'll only dig myself into another hole.
Faction Leader,
Antares Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for my first comment, by the way - I feel like I unintentionally shot down the suggestions/discussion.

"d4sh is half robot, half Dutch and half ninja." - M0RGAN | "Dashy is hardcore, he danced in the flames." - Gookin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Laughs.* Suggestions are more than welcome, though we do have a more appropriate thread for them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Data Repository (Web Site) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: