Proccy Avatar Series 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Graphics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Proccy Avatar Series 4 Reply with quote

Woo! Time for another change. Wink

These are the images which people using sensible browsers get to see:

Whereas people using Internet Explorer see these:

The reason for the different sets is because IE (at least prior to version 7 that I know of) doesn't support PNG transparency, and would render the above circles on a grey square. Confused
Antares First Mate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow very cool.

And for the PNG and older IE versions problem... Take a look at this: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bobosola/pnghowto.htm

Works not bad, I use this to make our web-based products compatible with older IE Versions (because we only use PNG's).

'Like... Dude... What the hell...' - d4sh
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know there's a fix (though I've never looked at the specifics), and I'll use it if I ever make a site that uses transparent PNGs. But the avatars need to work on sites I have no control over, like DN1 and 01Net, so I still need two versions.

But thanks for pointing out the link! It'll save me looking for the fix again. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Graphics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: