Titles Are Fucking Stupid
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sathen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Titles Are Fucking Stupid Reply with quote

I'm Sorry, D4sh, I diddn't know I wasn't wanted in TGS anymore (Or from the beginning). So I'm officially non-existant in TGS, effective as of now. I thought if I was to leave The Glitch Society, then I'd be doing you (Possibly-all) a favor; now you will no longer recieve any more complaints or reports about my vocabulary of choice.... and gee?, D4sh, just who exactly did all those reports & complaints come from then?....Durr, My fellow faction members who I tried to be as respectful to as possible & missioned with.....turns out they were judging me..... So I guess I wasn't even so much as "liked" in TGS...And I guess you'll think I'm also wrong to assume that TGS clearly doesn't believe in Freedom-Of-Speech... So, have fun, and good luck with that.... I don't mean to burn any bridges, But I resign.

Sathen.
Singularity Mainframe Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath, not sure what's going on here, to to be honest I don't really want to know. What I do know is that if you have a problem with someone in TGS, then you should bring it to d4sh. If its d4sh who is trying to correct an issue that someone has brought to his attention, then instead of flaming, maybe you should just concider that not everyone wants this "language" you speak of, and attempt to change it.

The thing is, no two people will ever get along all the time. In a larger and larger group, the leaders role is not only to lead, but to correct perceived problems that may disstablize the group as a whole.

So by d4sh addressing an issue that it appears many have, he's not saying get the hell out, but he's just trying to help make the group work better as a whole. If he wanted you gone, if no one liked you, you'd have been kicked, I'm sure of it.

On the other hand, the whole purpose of leadership is to address issues. If you have an issue bring it up with him. I'm sorry, but if good etiquette states that a behavior is not proper in a group setting, or if someone is offended by a given action, then it can and does destablize the group, and needs to be addressed.

Its not about you, Sathen, its about what's best for the group. If he thought what was best or the group was that you didn't belong you wouldn't be here now.

But Freedom of Speech only goes so far until someone gets offended and only exists in the public forum, not in a private sector. Call an African American the "N-word" and see how far the freedom of speech arguement will get you. Go to a fortune 500 company and spout the "f-word" and see how long until you get pulled into the bosses office for a little talking to, and then see how far the freedom of speech will get you. Call the President of the United States a looser who doesn't know his head from his ass, and people will probably agree with you. Call it to the President's face and you'll probably be asked to leave, but nothing else. Tell that in your workplace and people will probably agree with you. Tell that to your bosses face, and chances are you won't be working there. Sue the company saying that you have Freedom of Speech rights, and the court will toss out your suit, because it happened in the private sector, not the public.
M0RGAN
Antares Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this topic needs a lot more discussion, to be honest, but since I was there I feel I can add a little to this:

Firstly, titles ARE NOT fucking stupid. Particularly titles like FACTION LEADER. One of the most important aspects of TGS is our RP'ing. It is not mandatory, as admitted by all of our leadership, but it is made abundantly clear to all our membership that it is something we do, and something many of us appreciate.

That being said, it is not a "freedom of speech" issue for one member to disrupt an in-character gathering by remaining out-of-character. It is also not a "freedom of speech" issue to swear AT a faction member, let alone the faction leader. And, it is not a "freedom of speech" issue to disregard and disrespect the outright orders or commands of the faction leader. When we agree to be members in this faction, we accept our roles, including roles of submission.

Regardless of your view towards RP'ing, when anyone gets into a situation of disagreement, they make a choice on how to handle it. You can choose to be mature, and discuss it, or even just walk away from the situation and let it go or wait to discuss it at a later time when you may not be quite so upset. Or... you can be immature, call people names, throw a fit, give up, curse and swear and carry on in no productive manner.

The whole reason d4sh was upset about Sathen's behavior was that it fit this second description, not the first. He, and I would bet most of us in TGS, don't think too highly of that sort of behavior. It is not the image we want to project, and it certainly doesn't make being in TGS any more fun. And THAT is the whole point. If you can't have fun without doing it at the expense of others, or without becoming upset and abrasive, what's the use? Find another outlet. If you can, then I'd say you're welcome in TGS, and I'd bet d4sh and the rest of the TGS leadership would agree.

Sathen, I was defending you. You decided to come to your own conclusions, completely unrelated to our true beliefs. So be it. You made your choice, now live with it, and don't expect us to feel bad or sorry because you were too immature to be willing to be respectful and take orders from your FACTION LEADER.

-M-
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone send me chat logs or something? I wanna make my own judgements on this.
Antares Crewmember

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Procurator wrote:
Could someone send me chat logs or something? I wanna make my own judgements on this.

Sign me up for one of those logs please lol.

- Ð
Antares Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I can not. Maybe someone else has 'em. I'd be happy to PM a summary for anyone that trusts my memory to capture all the relevant details. (I'm not sure I'd include myself in that list) Wink.
Gookin
Aggregator First Mate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said what I had to last night Sath, this is taking it too fracking far!
I know all about freedom of speech but there is a certain thing as knowing when to shut the fuck up and listen to your superiors!

You always say just what everyone else is thinking don't you? - Pixelmad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sathen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... what an entertainingly complex nugget, of horse shit.

The funny part is I recall wasting my time typing: "I don't mean to burn any bridges" ...How respectful of you. Respect should be mutual throughout leader to rookie in a properly-running Faction......But ofcourse...in your judgmental eyes... that's just me...another rookie....so yeah go right ahead and discard all my valid opinons into your recycling bin. I couldn't care less really...I'm not even in TGS anymore, Remember?!, I think you're just pissed ya diddn't kick me before I quit.

(Post.Script.:If you're ignorant enough to reply to this thread afterwords you'll shortly notice that I'm not going to reply, or so much as bother to read any future outbursts or opinions you may possess.END
Faction Leader,
Antares Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annnnnd that covers our maturity lesson for this evening, kids. See you next time!

"d4sh is half robot, half Dutch and half ninja." - M0RGAN | "Dashy is hardcore, he danced in the flames." - Gookin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Gookin
Aggregator First Mate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother fucker!
I hope you don't mind if I verbally kick his ass later!

You always say just what everyone else is thinking don't you? - Pixelmad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it. Just don't do it in-game or he'll get the CSRs on you. Wink

See ya, Sathen. I enjoyed your company in-game, but now you've gone too far.
Antares Crewmember

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol...who writes "Post. Script"....just kidding! Keep the peace brethren, keep the peace!

- Ð
Antares Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me... it's keep the pieces. It was very kind of Sathen to so clearly illustrate my main points for me. Do any of you recall his RSI's Character Description? Seems to be very true. I am done with this, and Sathen has been added to my KOS list. Woe unto him.

-M-
WiredNight
Singularity Mainframe Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gookin wrote:
Mother fucker!
I hope you don't mind if I verbally kick his ass later!

Don't bother Gookin. really, don't stoop to his level, and give him any ammo to run to the CSRs for griefing or something. Let the poor bastard go and cry to Mamma. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll join TT.

Post.Script Cool : Its not superiors, its leaders. You'll learn in both the military and real life, those placed in positions of authority aren't necessarily superior to you. They generally get there by ass kissing. I mean most officers and high ranking enlisted are dumber then a Tetra getting an Enyma.

Of course come to think of it, in this case Superior may be aptly correct.
d4sh
Faction Leader,
Antares Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! Ass-kissing!

What?

"d4sh is half robot, half Dutch and half ninja." - M0RGAN | "Dashy is hardcore, he danced in the flames." - Gookin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: