The Re-Opening of TGS:Recursion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simplyXXXinsane

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: The Re-Opening of TGS:Recursion Reply with quote

I can't stand not being a TGSer but, cannot be in your guys' server because of such a time zone difference. I don't know what to do :'(
With that said, I am asking, if anyone else feels as I do, Can we open up Recursion TGS again? I know a lot of good recruitment drive Ideas as well. We need to become bigger and better. The Glitch Society was always my home and I hate to leave it behind in Recursion Sad

My new character on Syntax: Tiphrus
WiredNight
Singularity Mainframe Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: The Re-Opening of TGS:Recursion Reply with quote

simplyXXXinsane wrote:
I can't stand not being a TGSer but, cannot be in your guys' server because of such a time zone difference. I don't know what to do :'(
With that said, I am asking, if anyone else feels as I do, Can we open up Recursion TGS again? I know a lot of good recruitment drive Ideas as well. We need to become bigger and better. The Glitch Society was always my home and I hate to leave it behind in Recursion Sad

I'm kind of a noob, okay skip the kind of, what what is the time zone problem? Heck I'm on probably the worst time zone for MxO and yet I manage (somewhat) to do okay on Syntax. Its not perfect, and I do miss a lot, but still I manage to be around other TGSers enough. I'm just curious.
Devaude
Antares First Mate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: The Re-Opening of TGS:Recursion Reply with quote

WiredNight wrote:
simplyXXXinsane wrote:

I'm kind of a noob, okay skip the kind of, what what is the time zone problem? Heck I'm on probably the worst time zone for MxO and yet I manage (somewhat) to do okay on Syntax. Its not perfect, and I do miss a lot, but still I manage to be around other TGSers enough. I'm just curious.

I agree. Timezone is no reason for another server imo.

'Like... Dude... What the hell...' - d4sh
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we've got a few people who sadly aren't on at brilliant times due to timezones, but it's not enough to go through all the hassle of having two instances of TGS again.

Sorry Simply, but there's no way I can condone a second 'official' instance of TGS. You can go ahead and make your own version on Recursion if you want, by all means - we can't stop you (probably Wink) - but it cannot be affiliated with this one, and can't use the same Web site.
Faction Leader,
Antares Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, we're not branching out.

But as some have said: the timezone really shouldn't be that big of a deal. We have people from around the globe in TGS... literally. Canada, US, UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Japan, Australia, Sweden and gawd knows what else.

"d4sh is half robot, half Dutch and half ninja." - M0RGAN | "Dashy is hardcore, he danced in the flames." - Gookin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
simplyXXXinsane

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.... if not... I'm sorry but, I will have to be forced to...... Join you guys. Yes, join you guys. lol. Just tell me what time around in EST you guys are on. <3

Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By God, what have we done!? Shocked

Heheh, see you in-game, Simply! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem. I just need to know around what time EST you guys are on, cause thats my only problem with the euro servers.

d4sh
Faction Leader,
Antares Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, EST is GMT-5, but with daylight savings that's GMT-4, right?

If so, most of us are on around 15:00 (3pm) - 02:00 (2am) GMT.

That's either 10:00 (10am) - 21:00 (9pm) EST

or 11:00 (11am) - 22:00 (10pm) EST, I guess.

"d4sh is half robot, half Dutch and half ninja." - M0RGAN | "Dashy is hardcore, he danced in the flames." - Gookin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Campusanis
Aggregator Communications Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timezones mattered back in the good old days of real Live Events. Syntax isn't even a Euro Server anymore and many meetings take place at midnight my time. Mad
SixTwoFive
Aggregator Medical Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so there is no confusion: Synax is no euro server, there are no euro servers.
I havent been able to be attending a meeting or event in many months 'cause of this.

(and none is actually following GMT, so it would be easier to compare it with BST or CET or something. In that way, the time difference will always be constant, well, besides around the time when we change to and from daylight savings)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personal.html?cities=307,1233,867,234
FrayJack
Lost soul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

d4sh wrote:
Canada

ZOMG thats me!
doomicon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simp, I'm EST (GMT-5). I've just come back, and noticed that Syntax is pretty dead at night. I used to run alot of mishes with Prodigal, Crypt, Rab, and Kim.

I'll be on more often during the weeknights.

./peaCe
doomicon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: