WOAH HEAVEN!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonram
Antares Crewmember

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: WOAH HEAVEN!!! Reply with quote

I take it you guys have seen the patch notes and whatnot on DN1, if not I strongly suggest you take a look!!! It's absolutely frickin' awesome.

Patch Notes

Explanation of Patch etc.

Like absolutely wow, I love it.

And for those of you that just want to read here:

Below is the list of changes for Update 46, which is scheduled to release on Thursday, August 24, 2006.
Featured Changes

The Matrix Online Story Continues in Episode 5.3!
The 5.3 Storyline missions and cinematic are now available in game.
The first 5.3 critical mission will be available as soon as the patch is live. The remaining four missions will roll out each following Thursday (8/31, 9/7, 9/14, 9/21)at 1:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (0800 hours GMT).

White Hallways Open for Business
Archivist vendors now sell very special, very expensive keys that give access to certain areas through hallways. These keys require 100 or more Reputation points in the appropriate Organization to use.

New "Prop Vendors"
"Prop Vendors" at Tabor Park West, Camon Heights Central, and Stamos Northwest hardlines sell a selection of over one hundred prop items. These items have no particular function of their own, but can be traded to other players for roleplaying purposes.

Pandora's Box Mission-Spawn Changes
Pandora box missions with high NPC numbers were causing significant amounts of lag--the ~30 NPCs per phase of the final mission were likely the cause of most of the mysterious, intermittent lag in north-central Downtown. NPC counts in the following Pandora's Box missions have been reduced; : arc 2, mission 2, "Walking Papers"; arc 3, mission 1, "A Key for Every Lock"; arc 4, mission 3, "Trial By Fire". In most cases, the level of the remaining NPCs has been increased by one.

Dead Redpills Flag no PvP
You can no longer become flagged for PVP while you are dead.

Fixed /ignore Command
Fixed a bug that caused an Ignored player's text to still appear in the chat window.

Changes and Improvements

* Zero One Soldiers and the Zero One Taskmaster have new loot drops. A new collector in Downtown may be interested.
* Density of Zero One Soldiers and Laborers has been increased.
* Level of Zero One Soldiers has been increased.
* The Taskmaster Beret is no longer dropped by the Taskmaster and can now be traded.
* Mission rewards will now be emailed to you if you don't have enough space in your inventory.
* Damage for Infect Area 2.0 has been increased.
* Having large amounts of code recipes no longer prevents recipes from being viewed in the code analyzer UI.
* Gang boss "Big Dog" now drops the access node key at a higher rate. (Matches drop rate for other gang bosses.)
* Morpheus will now appear in mood "regal" in the last chapter one Archive mission.

Bug Fixes

* Fixed a bug that allowed players to move at normal speed while using a Stealth Ability. Engaging in an activity that shouldn't break Stealth now prevents movement until the Stealth Ability has re-applied itself. (Fixes several exploits.)
* Fixed a typo in the operator's text in phase 1 of Merovingian archive mission 4.1.4, "The Gathering Storm."
* Straightened out the confusing multiple names of a spy in Merovingian mission 2.2.2, "Honor Among Thieves."
* Fixed typos in the description of Corporate Security gang members.
* Fixed a typo in Tyndall's dialog at the beginning of the second phase of Zion 5.2.3, "Repairman."
* Fixed a typo in Yttri's text in the second phase of her third mission, "The Instrumental."
* Fixed a typo from the Machine redpills in phase 2 of Merovingian archive mission 4.1.4.
* Fixed a bug where you could get out of order speech from the contact's secretary in phase 1 of Greene's first mission, "Special Delivery," if you talked to the contact before talking to the secretary, then talked to the secretary twice.
* Fixed typo in the operator's text in Merovingian mission 1.2.15, "Unbearable Burden."
* The female Red Eye Beret no longer turns bright red at a certain distance.
* Fixed typo from Flood at the end of Merovingian mission 1.1.3, "Signature Manipulation."
* Fixed typo from Agent Gray in Machine mission 3.1.3, "Decapitation."
* Removed male names from female Exiles.
* Your contact in the second phase of Raini's first mission, "Careful What You Wish For," no longer asks for the Data after it has already been given.
* Two NPCs have replaced the mysterious dressers in the second phase of Sister Margaret's fifth mission, "Saving Grace."
* Fixed a typo in Tyndall's text at the end of Zion 1.1.3.
* Corrected the level range of loot drops from the Zero One Beta Taskmaster.
* Morpheus now has regular eyeballs instead of Morpheus'-entire-head-on-his-eyeballs eyeballs.
* The locked door in phase 1 of Zion Archive mission 1.2.5 no longer unlocks mysteriously when some of the imposter Agents are killed.
* Fixed an issue where changing chat filters could permanently disable a certain type of system chat.
* It is no longer possible for an attribute to be leveled beyond 30.
* Emotes (/e [text] command) now work correctly.
* You may no longer initiate interlock for 5 seconds after withdrawing from it.
* $info is no longer awarded for completing critical missions that you have already completed.
* Fixed a typo in Agent Gray's dialogue during "Return to Sender" mission.
* Fixed the bug that allowed players to appear in game with a working Loading Area UI available. (Fixes exploit.)
* The player now gets a notification when finding Operetta.
* The Archaelogist now appears on the map in the Historic District.
* The code shaper vendor Marble now appears on the map in Industry Square.
* All org collectors now appear on the city map.
* The map no longer shows the Archaeologist near Mara Central.
* The vendors in Pendhurst-Amaranth plaza now show up on the map.

Update 46 Scheduled for Thursday, August 24

We're continuing testing on content and changes for Update 46, with the plan to release it next Thursday. At this time, it looks like the White Hallways will make it into this update. That is, unless QA finds something that needs to be fixed first.

We've created our builds so we can separate out the White Hallway content in case we do find something that must be fixed before release. In that case, we'll release the rest of the Update 46 and Chapter 5.3 content on time and schedule a separate release date for the White Hallways.

I'll have a full write-up on White Hall functionality next week. The current Update 46 patch notes are now available.
The "White Hallway" Patch

There are several other items that require the White Hallway patch to be implemented before they will appear in game. The White Hallway implementation will require a larger patch than normal, due to our need to "rebundle" certain areas. The benefit is, many smaller changes that couldn't be done without a rebundle will piggyback on the White Hallways.

Most of these piggybackers are adjustments to where various world NPCs appear on the map. It also allows us to add one new Collector to the Downtown area: Binary Boy.

What is Binary Boy's purpose? Glad you asked.
Binary Boy and the Zero-One Changes

No, this is not a new band appearing in the Matrix. We have other plans for that.

We've made some changes to the Zero-One Construct that should interest players with high-level characters. All Zero-One NPCs now drop "Parts" tokens and the Zero-One Taskmaster will also drop a "Head" token and has a chance of dropping the new "Taskmaster Beret Zero". A new downtown Collector, Binary Boy, will trade 20 Parts tokens for one "Box of Parts":

* No-trade
* Stackable
* Value: i$250,000

Players can trade a Box of Parts to Binary Boy for i$125,000 plus experience worth 20 Soldier boss kills by a level 46 character. This experience scales down for characters lower than level 46 and up for characters above level 46.

Players can also trade 20 Head tokens for a "Box of Heads":

* No-trade
* Stackable
* Value: i$4,000,000

Players can trade a Box of Heads to Binary Boy for i$2,000,000 plus experience worth 10 Taskmaster kills by a level 50 character. (Scaled as above for lower-level characters.)

As mentioned above, the Zero-One Taskmaster will drop the new Taskmaster Beret Zero, which replaces the old Taskmaster Beret. Old Taskmaster Berets will have a normal decay rate and will become tradable with this update. The new Taskmaster Beret Zero has the same Attributes as the Taskmaster Beret.

As a final reward, players can trade five Boxes of Parts, a Box of Heads, and a Taskmaster Beret Zero for an "Area K Trenchcoat":

* Level 50
* Tradable
* Value: i$9,000,000
* Ballistic Resistance: +36
* Viral Resistance: +36
* Ballistic Defense Bonus: +3%
* Viral Defense Bonus: +3%
* Health Regen Rate: +25%

The Machine Area

Assuming we do get the White Hallways out next week, that only leaves one Image Retrieval to show off the Organization areas. That's simply not enough teasing, so here's your sneak-preview of the Machine area available via the White Hallways.

View Larger Image
In-Game Advertising Contest -- Coming Soon!

Fire up your graphics-editing programs, folks: It's almost time for The Matrix Online in-game advertising contest! We'll be making an official announcement soon about how you can have your own ad displayed on billboards inside the Matrix. However, we wanted to give you a "heads-up" so you can get your synapses firing about what you'd like to do.

We'll be asking for advertisements in the following categories:

The Matrix Online Products
Examples: Slumberil, The Sentinel (Or make up your own!)
The Matrix Online Companies
Examples: Metacortex, Kalt Chemicals
The Matrix Online Clubs/Venues
Examples: Polyvinyl, The Jade Room
The Matrix Online Cothing
Examples: Reactor, Prophet
Organization Recruitment
Examples: The Machines, E Pluribus Neo (Remember, these wouldn't be obvious!)
Control Ads
Examples: Pay Your Taxes, Eat a Taco

Ads will need to be 256x128 in size and delivered in layered-PSD or bitmap format.

Start cooking on your ideas-contest details will be revealed in the next few weeks!

- Ð
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, now that is interesting. The Taskmaster/Zero-One/Binary Boy trade sequence is a bit confusing, though. Razz
Antares Crewmember

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I read it and thought, feck that I'll figure it out for myself. xD

Friggin' sweet patch though eh?

- Ð
Ananova Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

designing adverts!!
White hallways!!
strange little binary person!!

Life gets better!!

"To live is to dream and to die is to awaken"
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)o
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Campusanis
Aggregator Communications Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest an "EAT A BANANA!" ad. Very Happy
jediken21
Lost soul

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aparently the binary boy trench is the same one Tin Can wears in Firatha...uh i dunno how to spell it, but that F place in international
lorellei
Ananova Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Firatha

Furihata

"To live is to dream and to die is to awaken"
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)o
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Skunkgirl
Aggregator Navigator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this and the only thing of real interest to me was the "No $Info for archieve missions you've already completed" part. That's a bit wrong don't ya think? I mean look at the facts people, if you do the mission you should still be rewarded with the same amount of exp and $info, sounds like a conspiracy to make all of us broke if ya ask me.
Prodigel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome patch, can't wait for it. But yeah, gotta go with Skunkgirl on that last bit.
FrayJack
Lost soul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I betcha there will be a bug that comes along that makes all missions give no $info Wink
Prodigel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't say that!!! You'll jinx the Matrix!
FrayJack
Lost soul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine I'll say something else...I betcha the white halls wont be in this one Razz
Darkspacer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that kind of sucks. I guess they figured the crits where giving the sweatshop info-farmers an easy way to grind info to sell on e-bay or something.
Lost soul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I betcha sweatshop workers somehow secretly control SOE...and so to eliminate the competition they removed it! ZOMG!
Asperine

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super patch !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: