Simulation vs The Pods, discuss

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkspacer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Simulation vs The Pods, discuss Reply with quote

Question: Can the Machines deactivate the Simulation without disturbing the function of the Pods?

Consider the ramifications if this was possible. The "level of survival" the Architect is willing to accept might refer to a low-power standby mode the pods are capable of without the Simulation stimulating the bluepills to produce more energy.

If this is the case then any effort to shut down the simulation is largely moot, and the importance of maintaining the Truce is magnified.
Lost soul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if they have the knowledge about the human brain then i think they could find a way to put a human being in a "coma", in which the mind is unconsious but the body is alive and most likely producing the same amount or close to the same amount of bio energy.
Prodigel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While that technically may be right, i doubt that's how the Matrix universe works. If redpills die when someone pulls the plug on them while they're jacked in, I'd wager everyone connected to the simulation would croak if the machines ever pulled the BIG plug. And besides, it would make for a really crappy story if they ever developed a way around it.
Prodigel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh what the hell?? I come up with a valid, intelligent, and well-worded response, and then the thread just dies. There's got to be some fanboy out there who'll respond to my post!
FrayJack
Lost soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotta agree, why should they make things easier and such when if its all hard and complicated they can build a confusing story around it Wink

(Omg Prodigel almost has 100 posts!)
Darkspacer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prod, your position relies on the (slightly narrowminded IMHO) opinion that the only way to turn the simulation off is to pull the big plug out. Granted the canon supports it completely, so in that sense you're probably completely right. But it makes sense that there is probably also a more subtle means of deactivating the simulation, "pausing" it, or otherwise setting it on standby.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not arguing that. I'm just trying to go in line with the Bros. vision. No doubt that if (and this is a ludicrous statement in and of itself) the Matrix story were to ACTUALLY occur, the machines would find a way to suck away our brain power and all that jazz without the need of a simulation. The brain learns as it develops, it adapts. So if our brains were never exposed to reality, or a simulacrum thereof, they would still continue to function in whatever capacity the current situation would require.
PlagueOnWheels

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The brain develops in response to stimuli, though. If there is nothing to stimulate it, it'll function, but on a dramatically lower level than it would with something to stimulate it. It works kinda like a muscle - use it, and it gets stronger; ignore it, and you go EPN.
Faction Leader,
Antares Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You just received 1 forum CQ for EPN-pwnage."

"d4sh is half robot, half Dutch and half ninja." - M0RGAN | "Dashy is hardcore, he danced in the flames." - Gookin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: