Seeking Ability and Misc Advice :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tegashi

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Seeking Ability and Misc Advice :) Reply with quote

Hey all!

I was hoping for some advice as to what skills would be best mixed with Aikido. I prefer this style over the other two for it's aesthetics and is similar to arts I practice and teach.

Secondly, I was wondering of there were any Gi's out there for levels 20 or so and if somone has the ability to code these.

Thanks Smile
FrayJack
Lost soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice combo one for Aikido in my opinion is Kung Fu, as it is a more status effect style and its abilities are a nice compliment to Aikido's defensive style. Plus Kung Fu has wicked sweet looking abilities Very Happy
M0RGAN
Antares Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aikido was the first ability I took to 50, and my primary LO for about a year. Under CR2, I'd say that a little bit of the Spy tree would be a great mix, both for missioning (Pick Locks, Sneak) and for causing states... there are a couple of low-level Knife Throw attacks that can get you the Off-Balance that Aikido so desires! I didn't like using Grab all the time, and the Knife Throw let me do my cool Specials while still getting maximum damage (or accuracy) with Power or Speed.
Tegashi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm knife throwing sounds like a really cool skill to mix with Aikido. That's the one big drawback I've found with the style (but the defensive aspects seem to really make up for it). Aikido is not an offensive style anyway..at least not the more purist Ushiba followers.

Kung-fu sounds like a good alternative as well but mixing chinese and japanese styles strums a bad chord with me for some odd reason :/

Thanks for the tips!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: