Dream Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Dream Update Reply with quote

http://mxoboards.station.sony.com/matrix/board/message?board.id=general&message.id=122553&jump=true#M122553

There's my dream update. None of it's unrealistic if SOE got their act together and gave the Devs what they need.
Lost soul

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg Proc...thats...thats beautiful *cries*
FigmentOYI

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. Lots of ideas there that I've seen before, but which have been consistently ignored... I think you're going to have to keep dreaming, Proc.
d4sh
Faction Leader,
Antares Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so... dreamy. We have a bright future ahead, I'm sure.

"d4sh is half robot, half Dutch and half ninja." - M0RGAN | "Dashy is hardcore, he danced in the flames." - Gookin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
RockyB
Lost soul

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, the words 'dream on' some to mind. Half of the stuff in that thread is never going to get implemented Sad
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. But only because SOE are arses, and the original game engine is shit. If the Devs were given the resources that games like RF Online, Eve, and even Everquest 2 are allocated... oh my.
Antares Medical Officer

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Procurator delivers Laughing
FrayJack
Lost soul

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Procurator liek pwns with ideas.
fin.
Kimonagi
Antares Medical Officer

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The procreator of ideas?
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Laughs.*

Oh gawd...

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MxO is awesome (I've played many MMO's) and truly does have some great potential. One thing I find interesting about SOE is they tend to re-vamp their games (SWG, EQ2, MxO) which always throws to playerbase off-center regardless of the changes are good for the game or not. If you followed SWG:NGE at all, you'd see that the sweeping changes they made to that title really pissed off a lot of folks. I am almost willing to bet that is part of the reason there isn't a great deal of content going into this game right now..which is a sad thing really.

Another thing to consider is the fact that SOE did not design MxO. Taking over the development of a system is always very very complicated and if Monolith didn't keep meticulous documentation of the game, that could cause SOE to be even slower at figuring stuff out. Honestly, the CR2.0 is probably a small miracle in my opinion.

I took over as my companies Remedy Developer. Our system is completely customized with ZERO documentation what-so-ever. I have to look at everything just to find out what it does because nothing follows any kind of naming convention or even a natural programmers logic. I wouldn't be surprised if the SOE devs looked at the MxO code and went like "WTF, Monolith newbs! I are teh code pwnz3rs.." since SOE devs have the mentality of 12year olds anyway (j/k really).

Anyway, I want to see Melee Weapon combat styles and some sort of vehicles to travel around MegaCity in style. I'd also like to see expansions in real-estate, small scale raid content, and a better mission system/more story quests.

* editted because I hate typos

Last edited by Tegashi on Tue May 30, 2006 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've gathered thus far, most of the Devs on MxO now are from the Monolith days. I'm guessing the few people directly from SOE were brought in so they could interface with SOE's systems (support, CCRs, billing and network). So the Devs there now know the game and know how to deal with the systems they were originally working on anyway.

The problem is that the engineering Devs, the ones who did the really complicated stuff, are the ones who were sacked during the changeover. That's why the current Dev team, despite the fact that they were working on the game even at Monolith, are having tough time doing anything major to the game.

That, and Monolith's code really /was/ crap. MxO was not built for expansion.
Antares Crewmember

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that dream update thread ^_^

- Ð
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Anything All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: