The Glitch Society Data Repository
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Data Repository (Web Site)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: The Glitch Society Data Repository Reply with quote

Well here it is: the new Web site! I hope you like the design. I'm aware of a couple of Mozilla-related glitches which I'll try to iron out at some point, but they're very minor.

Here's some stuff you really need to know:

• Fix your sigs! I've done my very best to convert the e107 forums to phpBB, but not everything could be fully translated. As such, some elements of your signatures might not work. Go into your profiles and have a fiddle.
  • The forum layout's changed a little. We've bunched the RP stuff together into the Operations->Discussion forum, so general chat about story-related stuff goes in there. Logs go in the Log Review forum for now. There are changes afoot in that respect, but you don't have to worry about that just yet.
  • The two Operations forums default to in-character. If you want to post out-of-character in those forums please use double brackets. I'll be checking. Razz
  • Everywhere else defaults to OOC, but you can be IC if you want. The Off-Topic forums (like this one) are entirely OOC.
  • I'm not going to be harsh about locking threads left right and centre - unless I'm provoked. Razz I can't speak for d4sh, of course - he can be as evil as he wants!
  • Hovercraft captains are in control over their member groups on these forums. This means you can (and really should) add all your crew to the groups, so that their names appear the right colour.

The site is not yet at the stage I want it to be. As it stands, the forums are now open and normal faction business can resume! However, the site proper is incomplete, and is basically serving as a placeholder until GooRP is implemented (along with a proper news and calendar system). The application form is working though, so by all means direct people to the site.

As I have stated elsewhere, I will not be updating the content of the site (unless it's an emergency) as I need to devote as much time as possible to getting the new scripts finished. This will probably take three weeks at least (I've had to push the deadline back because of coursework, revision, and a severe underestimate of how much effort was involved in just getting the forums to work).

If anyone has any problems of questions, let me know in this thread!

(Oh, yeah, and I know I still have to make new images to replace the 'quote', 'edit' buttons and so forth. I'll do that as soon as I can.)
Faction Leader,
Antares Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sexy.

"d4sh is half robot, half Dutch and half ninja." - M0RGAN | "Dashy is hardcore, he danced in the flames." - Gookin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TheTaxidermist
Lost soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reporting 0% eye hurtage from this color scheme.

And my rotator still works, which is very odd for a standard phpbb forum.
Faction Leader,
Antares Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dare call Proc's work 'standard'?
I'm sure he made some proper adjustments. :-p

"d4sh is half robot, half Dutch and half ninja." - M0RGAN | "Dashy is hardcore, he danced in the flames." - Gookin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FrayJack
Lost soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purdy' Wink
PlagueOnWheels

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, Proc.

Should the "Alumni" forum be available for viewing for people who aren't registered/logged in? It is now.
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Tax, when I noticed your sig didn't work, I gave phpBB a severe beating, and now it's caved in. Wink

Bah, I forgot to mention the Alumni forum. I put that there so ex-Glitchers (like Khaos, Glitch himself, Wolf etc.) can have a place to talk with us and each other away from the public. Wink It's fine for people to see it from the front page: means old members can see it exists whether or not they're logged in. Only alumni and faction members can read it and post in it, though.
Lost soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good so far mate, although a lot of the older pages on the main site are broken Razz
Procurator
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken? How so? I know they're all out-of-date, but the theme should work and the links should too. The images don't work with the new theme, of course - I'll deal with that when I update the site contents.
Lost soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off the top of my head and without looking again: Machine Alliance forum links? Razz
pixelmad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it looks smashing Proc, welldone.
Chief Archivist,
Aggregator Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, heck. The Machine Alliance forums were broken bloody ages ago, and were taken down.
Aggregator Communications Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, the New-Post icons are always white for me!?
Ah whatever, best looking template ever.
RockyB
Lost soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you manage to get that Rarebit quote from Proc? Razz

And Camp, HAL is alive again now Razz
d4sh
Faction Leader,
Antares Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rarebit posted that on DN1 somewhere, Tax mentioned it on temptgs.tk when this website was down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Glitch Society Forum Index -> Off-Topic -> Data Repository (Web Site) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: